FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Wierd mouse sync issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Vlalkor

Post Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:41 pm

Wierd mouse sync issue

Hello, I'm relatively new (Havent used iSBOXER since 06) and need some help. I have gone through all the mouse sync fixes and everything they say to do matches what I have.

I am having an issue where the mouse does NOT line up for clicking NPCs but DOES line up for clicking accept to quest texts and hot bar. I don't understand how it can lineup in one spot but not the other.

Is there a way around this? The characters are in the same area and close enough to where the field of view shouldn't (Or is it?) change the curser that much and sometimes the curser is off by a wide margin.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:43 am

Re: Wierd mouse sync issue

2d elements in the game, like menus and hotbars, are fixed sizes and positions. NPCs are also fixed sizes and positions, but where they appear in the FOV to a particular toon does depend on where your toon is standing, which direction they are facing, and how tall your toon is.

Pretty much like if you and 4 mates were all standing around talking to someone in a bar, you would not all stand in exactly the same spot, nor have the same perspective view of the someone. They might be close, but they would all be slightly different. Unfortunately, the mouse is also a 2d element in the game, and its position does not compensate based on your current view. i.e. if one toon has to move the mouse 15 pixels to hover over an NPC, but another needs to move it 25 pixels (because they have different perspectives and positions), someone will miss out because the mouse just moves the amount of pixels.

So, how to you get around this? Usually by using keybinds to do the work for you. Interact With Target is a good one for this, as for most NPC's it will then popup the interaction dialog (2d element), which you can then click on. You can also setup some macros for SetView for your camera, so if your cameras are out of sync, a reset to a fixed view may bring it back close enough to work.
<<

Vlalkor

Post Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:05 am

Thanks for the info, I will definitely work on making some macros and getting this to work. I'm old, never remembered having this problem before :D

Is there a HOTKEY that will make the slave toons loot? interact with target only targets the mob, doesnt make them loot.
<<

Alge

Post Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:54 am

<<

Vlalkor

Post Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:06 am

Thanks for the reply, however I am having the issue where INTERACT with Target only targets the NPC/MOB but does not actually intract with them, doesnt open 2nd dialog window and doesnt loot.
<<

Alge

Post Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:39 am

It sounds like your Interact with Target key binding may not be set in the game. If it isn't that, other stuff on that wiki page may be of use.

If none of that helps, share your configuration so someone can check it for correctness.
<<

bob

Post Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:20 am

Or steps 4,5,6 in the Configure the Hotkey and Key Binding in ISBoxer haven't been completed.
<<

Vlalkor

Post Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:52 am

I feel so dumb, I set the keybind in ISBOXER and ingame but forgot to tell ISBOXER what the ingame key was... its fixed now, thank you all so much.

Return to World of Warcraft