FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW Error when logging in.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Joramilea

Post Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:35 pm

WoW Error when logging in.

Before patch 7.2.5 I made two teams of two toons each.
Now when I make a new team to try i get an error and can't log in the new team. But I can still log in the two teams I originally made. Needless to say I am a little frustrated. I made this team just like I made the first 2.

ERROR
We couldn't log you in with what you just entered. Please try again. (WOW51900314)
I know I am putting in the right information and keyfob. :(
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:54 pm

Re: WoW Error when logging in.

Joramilea wrote:I know I am putting in the right information and keyfob. :(

How are you verifying this? Have you typed your password into the login field to see if it's being entered correctly? If you have, and the password is indeed correct, are you loading up the game client using the correct region that you normally play in? Region info is stored in the per-character virtualized config-CHARACTER.wtf files, and is shown on the "PORTAL" line.
<<

Joramilea

Post Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:00 pm

i think so, if I understand what you are saying.

I created my DK team just like my DK/hunter team. did everything the same.
I can log in the DK/hunter team with no issues but not the DK/DK team. I get that error.
I know my wow passwords are correct cause I hit them one key at a time. Plus i can log into my accounts without running isboxer.
you can see why im frustrated. I bet it's something stupid I over looked. but like i said i set up the Dk/DK team just like my DK/hunter team.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:04 pm

So, as MiRai said, and you didn't confirm, is the password you are entering actually coming out correct? The easiest way to tell, is to type your password into the username login box to verify that all the letters you are typing are actually entering the box correctly, with no extras or missing bits (because the username login box is not masked with dots/asterixes/shit you cannot read). An alternative of course is to type your password into Notepad or something and then copy/paste it to the password box.

Once the password is confirmed to be correct, then the next possibility is that the Portal for those characters is incorrect. Each character in ISBoxer gets its own copy of the config-charname.wtf files, so it is possible that it is trying to connect to an incorrect realm.

Tokens also bring about more interesting times if you happen to use specific sets of keys, like the number keys/numeric keypad, and have mapped keys that don't get disabled. Depending on your ISBoxer config, it is possible to have mapped keys that don't get disabled when you disable key maps to enter your password, and these can interfere with logging in. This is probably the least like for a newly generated team, where you haven't changed the default Key Map configuration. You can share your config if you're not sure if your mapped keys are being disabled correctly.
<<

Joramilea

Post Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:11 pm

you explained it better Bob. I understand now.
that is so weird. I guess some key mapping did get change cause when I hit numbers I get V2V8 etc.

let me see if I can figure out to get my config files.
<<

Joramilea

Post Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:27 pm

figured it out. TEAMDEATHKNIGHT and TEAMMAGEHUNTER both have the same issue of logging in.

I am still learning this program and duel boxing. I hope to really learn this program cause so far the little I do with it I like it.

i hope this is what you were talking about.
I typed the password into notebook and copied and pasted into wow and low and behold... it worked!
Now just to figure how to turn off the v that shows up.
Attachments
isboxerconfig.txt
(293.74 KiB) Downloaded 536 times
<<

bob

Post Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:41 pm

Before you type in your password you are disabling Key Maps right? i.e. SHIFT+ALT+M or hitting the toggle button on the left?
This is covered in the Quick Start Guides for logging into the game.
http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quick_Start ... o_the_game

The only place I can see where the V would be coming from is the Interact With Target mapped key, which is being used as part of the Auto Interact With Target that is all setup on the helper mapped keys for the 1 to = keys, which are part of the base config.
<<

Joramilea

Post Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:28 pm

My husband has decided now is the time to mess with the firewall and I can't connect to Inner Space.
I will check tomorrow about the disabling.
<<

Joramilea

Post Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:33 pm

he stopped and put it back where it was. I hit shift+alt+M and guess what?
you are a pocket full of awesomesauce Bob! that seems to have fixed my issue.
that is so weird that it effects two teams but not the other two. so if it happens again I know where to start my trouble shooting. :D
<<

bob

Post Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:54 pm

You are correct, it is a little bizarre.
The teams are all configured the same, and using the same game profiles, so for some reason on two of the teams Inner Space/ISboxer is kicking in earlier than the others, hence the need to disable key maps on 2 teams and not on the other two (I also checked and it looks like you are only using the two accounts across all four teams, so only the two passwords to think about).

I don't have any theories on the shenanigans, as it does look like you should be getting the same behaviour across all four teams. I'll let Lax ponder it and see if he comes up with a reason.

Return to World of Warcraft