FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cannot use CloseLoot with 42

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jadedrgn

Post Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:49 am

Cannot use CloseLoot with 42

Just like the title says, I have not once been able to get the CloseLoot() macro command to work with ISBoxer Macro set 42. (I did get it to work two or three times with 41, but it hasn't been working in a while - I made some change that broke it). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have had great success with EvE Online with ISBoxer but not as much with World of Warcraft and am becoming frustrated as I love this product but can't see what I am doing wrong. :?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:25 am

Re: Cannot use CloseLoot with 42

I mean, there's nothing wrong with manually setting up the macro in-game if you're not sure what went wrong with your ISBoxer settings.

So what did you do, you went into the "Quick Setup 42" macro set and added one called CloseLoot? And added macro text to it? Did you forget to set a Key Combination on this screen? ISBoxer will set up the in-game Key Binding for the macro using the Key Combination you set there. If it's not set (or if you chose a really weird Key Combination that is for whatever reason not actually bindable) you may not be able to activate the macro.

If you did all that, then make sure you Export to Inner Space.

After Exporting, if you're already in the game, then the ISBoxer Addon needs to be reloaded; to accomplish that, enter "/console reloadui" or log out to Character Selection and then back in.

If you did all THAT, then simply pressing the assigned Key Combination should activate it in any of your windows.

If THAT works, then you should be able to use it anywhere from ISBoxer with a Named WoW Macro Action.

If you need further help with the ISBoxer Configuration portion of this, show us your configuration and we'll go from there -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
<<

jadedrgn

Post Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:19 am

Thought I had solved the issue...nope. Here is the pastebin copy. I appreciate your help kind sir.

https://pastebin.com/jhSV1Qqx
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:57 am

Youre issue is that you are putting the close loot macro into a mapped key in a key map that your character set does not use. You've obviously had a profile generated under ISB41, and not you've got ISB42, which does a few things differently. The main one is it does not use the Always On, Non-Combat, or Combat key maps.

If you are not particularly attached to this profile, then I suggest you use the File menu -> Clear option, to start again.

The mapped key you want to change is the ISB42 - Party -> Interact with Target - Standard, but, I suggest it may be better to actually copy this mapped key (right click on it), and then paste it to the ISB42 - Custom Hotkeys, (right click on the mapped keys node to the left) and then adjust it from there and set your custom hotkey to trigger it. Once you've got it working, you can then decide if you want to put it back in the main IWT mapped key.

Return to World of Warcraft