FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Looking for ISBoxer version 42.4.330.1 PRO Setup manual

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Superromeo

Post Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:43 am

Looking for ISBoxer version 42.4.330.1 PRO Setup manual

Hi all, I have ISBoxer setup for WOW but find I have a lot of issues with some spells and certain classes like Demon Hunters.
I have been told to look at the Pro setup.
Trouble is that all the Pro setup guides are for version 41? I have version 42.4.330.1

Can someone give me a link to version 42 PRO setup guide documentation? Or confirm what is the latest documentation that is available?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:47 am

Re: Looking for ISBoxer version 42.4.330.1 PRO Setup manual

There are no specific guides for Pro under ISBoxer42, because the setup is pretty much the same. There is some difference in the final page of the wizard (before it was tabs, now it is all one page with a scroll bar), and ISBoxer42 creates a few extra key maps. The actual functions behind the scenes have not changed, and the extra key maps that ISBoxer42 creates are using the same system as the "pro" setup, so you are already Pro... Just now you want to be more Pro.
<<

Superromeo

Post Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:53 am

bob wrote:There are no specific guides for Pro under ISBoxer42, because the setup is pretty much the same. There is some difference in the final page of the wizard (before it was tabs, now it is all one page with a scroll bar), and ISBoxer42 creates a few extra key maps. The actual functions behind the scenes have not changed, and the extra key maps that ISBoxer42 creates are using the same system as the "pro" setup, so you are already Pro... Just now you want to be more Pro.

I am not yet a pro with Isboxer.

1. I have run the basic wizard setup and its working OK for my paladins but not so much my mages or my Demon Hunters which have mouse targeting spells where both DH's have to leap through the air and land on a specific area or the Warrior Leap for instance and then the Mages Pet freeze which is also an area AOE area you have to select. These AOE type abilities OR area you select with a mouse click does not work with the normal basic wizard setup. The main character will do it and the second character you will see the green target selected by mouse but it does not execute.

2. Also, with the basic wizard setup most of the time the second character only does 50% of the damage they would normally do.

The last advise you gave me in solving multiboxing issues with Demon Hunters was to look at the Pro Setup.
<<

Alge

Post Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:23 am

0. For learning about the Pro system I would suggest MiRai's video series. The Pro system is as much a philosophy of how you structure your ISBoxer profile as anything. That hasn't changed since those videos were made. If there are specific differences in ISB42, then they can be addressed as they arise. That is the best, most recent resource I know of.

1. You need to add a Send Next Click Action to Step 1 (the only Step) of the Ground AOE Mapped Key in the ISB42 - Combat Hotkeys. I have mine set up to "Block click from current window" and then you can set the Target to "Window:All w/ Current". If you want to round-robin the Ground AOE, you will need to set the round-robin option for both actions, the existing one and the one you added. If not all of your characters have Ground AOE abilities, you may want to use an Action Target Group as the Target of those Actions.

If any of the above terms are unfamiliar to you, there are descriptions in the ISBoxer wiki.

2. MiRai talks about the concepts involved in setting up DPS rotations in the Pro system videos linked above. This is not easy. Even with something as easy to play as BM Hunters, my secondary characters only do about 80% of the damage of my main. The more other resources, cooldowns, procs that you have to manage, the worse this percentage is going to get. For discussion of multiboxing rotations, class compositions and other aspects of multiboxing not specifically related to ISBoxer, you may find better resources at dual-boxing.com.
Last edited by Alge on Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
<<

bob

Post Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:32 am

To add to that, this video of MiRai's (this is not a tutorial and he's waffling about his great hair a lot :P), shows a Ground AOE target thingy in action.. https://youtu.be/ujvMwtbRHrQ?t=973 (I even time marked it for you).

This is the "Straight Key Broadcast Plus Click" option in the Mapped Key Wizard, with a few tweaks that M does talk about.

Return to World of Warcraft