FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Isboxer needs help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Superromeo

Post Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:42 am

New Isboxer needs help

I am new to isboxer and was hoping to ask people how to set up Isboxer properly as I have some issues when using Isboxer on World of Warcraft.

(I suspect my questions have been asked before. If you know of any forum topics already addressing the issues I have can you kindly point me in the right direction.)

1. Follow breaks a lot. It seems it breaks all the time in a combat. I lose about 50% of dame on my second character as time and time again he just stands there or is doing auto combat and I have to press Alt + F a few time or try and run around for him to follow before he starts attacking the same target again?
2. I tried to use Space bar to make all my characters jump. This is needed with Demon Hunters on WOW to make them glide for instance a double jump etc. Trouble is I use Space Bar to fly up with my mount as well and when I use Key Maps/Variable Keystrokes and map Jump to Space Bar my characters won’t use Space Bar to fly up any more when mounted on a flying mount?
3. Mounts. How do I select which mounts to fly and which mounts for ground mounts? It does not use the same mounts I have linked in my task bar?
4. I have a massive problem with Isboxer using two demon hunters. The second demon hunter fights his own fight 10 meters away? This is a big problem as I have to run to him or spam Alt + F for him to run back to me and then re engage the target but in a few seconds it seems he drifts of target of course and no I don’t have Broadcasting on and Keymaps are off so I don’t get why the second Demon Hunter is doing AOE abilities wrong? It seems that single target abilities works fine as I have far less issues with my two paladins. Currently the two WOW Demon Hunters setup is not playable! Is there a more advanced setup to make the two Demon Hunters Havoc playable??
5. I use keybind E for spells like warrior leap or Demon Hunters Metamorphosis spell where they jump through the air and land in demon form on the area you selected with your keybind E. I also use key bind E on my Mages pet spell frost nova to trap the target(S) in ice and give two ice lance crits. Trouble is that in Isboxer it only works for the main character and not the second? The main Demon Hunter will jump through the air and transform into a demon but the second one does nothing. I have to change to that character and to do the same and switch back and hope they don’t break follow again!!!? (Grrrrr) Same with my mages. I need to change to the second mage and use their pet freeze? I have not tried two warriors leaps but I imagine it would be the same.. Not currently playing warriors.
I would really appreciate if someone can assist or point me in the right direction to address the 5 issues mentioned above.

I did not even bother to open a forum on wow forums as it will just attract trolls and multibox haters..
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:08 am

Re: New Isboxer needs help

1. Follow does break in combat. That's a game mechanic, and there is not a lot you can do about it. Some combat actions are better at not breaking follow that others (at least that's what I've been told). People have luck with using JAMBA and it's "follow strobe" function to keep the toons close. Basically it automatically sends a Follow Me every few seconds. Otherwise, its a case of be aware, don't break off more than you can chew, and make your follow hotkey something easier.

2. Chances are, when you made the mapped key for your Jump, you did not select the "Hold" option. Movement keys (including jump), need this.

3. The game wont use any mounts you don't have, although I've heard lately, depending on how you are selecting mounts, some toons may default to a "brown horse", if they don't have a particular mount that you are asking everyone to get on. If you happen to have buttons in your action bar, and you are broadcasting a key that matches the in game bind for that, then I would assume they would just mount whatever mount that happened to be. If you are using one of the default mapped keys (e.g. 1 to =), then they will also perform an Assist Me first, which might give you odd results?? Might need a bit more info about what you are pressing to have them mount, and maybe even a looky at your config.

4. Might be part of your follow issue. Possible that he is loosing your main's target. An Assist Me would help with that, although the default 1 to = (and others) normally do an Assist first, but this is subject to Assist Delay. Also depending on if your slave is standing next to a different mob, and you tell it to attack, it "may" attack the nearest mob (this is a game mechanic which I am not sure of with WoW - happens in other games). Also, normally you should have Broadcasting off and Key Maps on. You've indicated you have both off, which is odd. AOE abilities are also hard, especially the ones which need to target the ground. For those, you need to configure a Broadcast Plus Click mapped key (can do this in the Mapped Key Wizard). If you haven't done this, then you might find that your slave is not clicking the placement for the necessary ground target. You might also find that with distance between your main and your slave, that a Broadcast Plus Click means that the slaves target is out of range. This may require a bit of modification of the Broadcast Plus Click mapped key, so it can show you a quick view of the slaves screen, and a sync of the mouse location. You also may need to configure some SetView macros, so you can make sure your toons are looking with the same pitch and yaw (distance and view angle) from what I know, this doesn't necessarily include rotation.

5. Sounds a bit like the AOE thing again. Also if you have toons doing different things in response to the same key, and you are playing those different classes at the same time, and the actions that need to be done for each toon class are slightly different, then you may need to look at using Action Target Groups, or even a Pro Config, in order to make sure the appropriate classes of toons are doing the right stuff.

Notes: Multiboxing is hard. You have one average toon which you drive from, and several moronic bricks all tagging along (and sometimes not) behind, and maybe following your instructions. If it was easy, everyone would do it.
<<

Superromeo

Post Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:32 am

bob wrote:1. Follow does break in combat. That's a game mechanic, and there is not a lot you can do about it. Some combat actions are better at not breaking follow that others (at least that's what I've been told). People have luck with using JAMBA and it's "follow strobe" function to keep the toons close. Basically it automatically sends a Follow Me every few seconds. Otherwise, its a case of be aware, don't break off more than you can chew, and make your follow hotkey something easier.

2. Chances are, when you made the mapped key for your Jump, you did not select the "Hold" option. Movement keys (including jump), need this.

3. The game wont use any mounts you don't have, although I've heard lately, depending on how you are selecting mounts, some toons may default to a "brown horse", if they don't have a particular mount that you are asking everyone to get on. If you happen to have buttons in your action bar, and you are broadcasting a key that matches the in game bind for that, then I would assume they would just mount whatever mount that happened to be. If you are using one of the default mapped keys (e.g. 1 to =), then they will also perform an Assist Me first, which might give you odd results?? Might need a bit more info about what you are pressing to have them mount, and maybe even a looky at your config.

4. Might be part of your follow issue. Possible that he is loosing your main's target. An Assist Me would help with that, although the default 1 to = (and others) normally do an Assist first, but this is subject to Assist Delay. Also depending on if your slave is standing next to a different mob, and you tell it to attack, it "may" attack the nearest mob (this is a game mechanic which I am not sure of with WoW - happens in other games). Also, normally you should have Broadcasting off and Key Maps on. You've indicated you have both off, which is odd. AOE abilities are also hard, especially the ones which need to target the ground. For those, you need to configure a Broadcast Plus Click mapped key (can do this in the Mapped Key Wizard). If you haven't done this, then you might find that your slave is not clicking the placement for the necessary ground target. You might also find that with distance between your main and your slave, that a Broadcast Plus Click means that the slaves target is out of range. This may require a bit of modification of the Broadcast Plus Click mapped key, so it can show you a quick view of the slaves screen, and a sync of the mouse location. You also may need to configure some SetView macros, so you can make sure your toons are looking with the same pitch and yaw (distance and view angle) from what I know, this doesn't necessarily include rotation.

5. Sounds a bit like the AOE thing again. Also if you have toons doing different things in response to the same key, and you are playing those different classes at the same time, and the actions that need to be done for each toon class are slightly different, then you may need to look at using Action Target Groups, or even a Pro Config, in order to make sure the appropriate classes of toons are doing the right stuff.

Notes: Multiboxing is hard. You have one average toon which you drive from, and several moronic bricks all tagging along (and sometimes not) behind, and maybe following your instructions. If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Thanks for the reply. I will look at the AOE abilities and address the Jump spacebar issue!

Point 1: I have Jamba and I have configured it to always follow. Seems Jamba is not always doing a great job. Will most likely have to find a key to spam and re assign target for slave to attack. Is there a macro to make this easier? For instance to instruct the slave to target my target and attack? I find that sometimes I click Alt + F and it does that immediately and other times I have to SPAM it 5 times and some times nothing happens and I have to fight solo. I get the impression Blizzard has spiteful code that purposely breaks follow? I remember in the past if you had to fly across an entire continent you could put someone on follow and it will never break. Then they somehow decided remove follow in BG's to address botting which I suspect is making it an issue for Multiboxers as well.

On point "4" I have Key Maps on and Broadcasting off. I find though in Mythic Dungeons when you have a split seconds to escape instant death AOE as in Halls of Valor etc. Is there a move to area key bind? So that the slave will break from combat and run to a specific area? Or at least follow me? Trouble is sometimes in some dungeons you need to run to target X and the slave to target Y.. So far I just had to be very fast in toggling between screens.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:51 am

One thing you have to get used to when traveling in WoW is phasing. It will break your follow because your characters disappear to each other, and spamming follow won't necessarily help during a phase. That might be something that is contributing to your confusion with follow?

As far as moving out of AOE, what I would recommend is to use the Mapped Key Wizard to add a custom hotkey (e.g. under ISB42 - Custom Hotkeys) with Key Re-Map (Select this in the drop-down in the wizard). Pick a Hotkey to press to activate, and set it to send either your strafe left or strafe right hotkey to all windows -- make sure to tick the "Hold" box as these are movement keys and require that behavior. I do this for both strafe left and strafe right. Depending on what input devices I'm using I also have buttons for moving all windows forward and backward (particularly if I am using my Logitech G13, the thumb stick is configurable by ISBoxer in this way).

For example if your strafe left key is Q and you want Ctrl+Q to make everyone strafe left...
<<

Superromeo

Post Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:16 am

lax wrote:One thing you have to get used to when traveling in WoW is phasing. It will break your follow because your characters disappear to each other, and spamming follow won't necessarily help during a phase. That might be something that is contributing to your confusion with follow?

As far as moving out of AOE, what I would recommend is to use the Mapped Key Wizard to add a custom hotkey (e.g. under ISB42 - Custom Hotkeys) with Key Re-Map (Select this in the drop-down in the wizard). Pick a Hotkey to press to activate, and set it to send either your strafe left or strafe right hotkey to all windows -- make sure to tick the "Hold" box as these are movement keys and require that behavior. I do this for both strafe left and strafe right. Depending on what input devices I'm using I also have buttons for moving all windows forward and backward (particularly if I am using my Logitech G13, the thumb stick is configurable by ISBoxer in this way).

For example if your strafe left key is Q and you want Ctrl+Q to make everyone strafe left...

Thanks will try that.

This functionality is most likely not available but is it possible to use a "condition key" as for instance IF Capslog = ON then strafe all windows by just using the normal movement keys. IF Capslog = off then normal follow behaviour?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:44 am

Superromeo wrote:This functionality is most likely not available but is it possible to use a "condition key" as for instance IF Capslog = ON then strafe all windows by just using the normal movement keys. IF Capslog = off then normal follow behaviour?
It kinda is. It's a little more advanced, but essentially you create yourself a new Key Map, and put mapped keys in it that you want for your condition, and then you have another mapped key in something like the toggle key map, which will load and/or unload your new Key Map when you press the key. There are other ways too, but that is probably the easier one to start out with.

For movement, I usually find using something like SHIFT+Q, SHIFT+E, SHIFT+W, SHIFT+S, SHIFT+A, SHIFT+D, etc, to send the appropriate Q,W,E,A,S,D, to all windows. Then I just need to move the pinky to get the all windows move behaviour, vs just the main. CTRL is just a little low for me..

Return to World of Warcraft