FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Target keeps switching. Seems to be an assist issue.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ru2

Post Tue May 30, 2017 9:13 pm

Target keeps switching. Seems to be an assist issue.

I have two hunters using the same Action Target Groups and Key Maps.

Hunter1 targets target dummy 1 in the garrison and presses the '1' key which has one step with 2 actions, assist and cobra shot. Hunter2 targets the same dummy. As long as hunter1 stays on the same target then everything is fine.

But when hunter1 switches to target dummy 2 and presses the '1' key, his target switches back to target dummy 1 but hunter2 is targeting target dummy 1. Hunter1 presses the '1' key again and now his target switches back to the other dummy and hunter2 also switches targets. Every time the '1' key is pressed the targets switch.

It sounds like each toon is requesting an assist. Is there a sample profile I can look at to see the proper way to set up assist?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue May 30, 2017 9:30 pm

Re: Target keeps switching. Seems to be an assist issue.

Going to so no, because it depends on what Assist you are using.

If you are using the standard built in Assist Me, then it will have a target of "all other" toons, i.e. all toons but the current main. The issue with this is if you have a Do Mapped Key Action which calls this, and sends it to an ATG target, then you effectively are getting all toons to request all the other toons to Assist them. Normally a Do Mapped Key Action which calls the standard built in Assist Me should be targeted to "self" or Window:Current if you prefer.

If you have created a Custom Assist Me mapped key action, and this has a target of an ATG, then you will need to exclude the current active window from the call to Assist. Using something like "ATG&~self" or "other ATG" as the target (or the drop down will even have a "Group (others in): ATG").

Simply, you don't want to tell your main to assist at all. You want the others to assist.

Also, this info about Targets may be helpful.
<<

ru2

Post Tue May 30, 2017 9:58 pm

I'm using standard assist and the target is "Window:All w/o current". In the hunter key map the assist target is "Window:Current". So that seems to be ok.

I'm using the pro system but am not pro enough to understand it. There is a Combat Hotkeys key map where the keybinds are set. The target is "Window:All w/ current". I wonder if that is causing the issue.

I also noticed that one of the other mapped keys in the Combat Hotkeys key map has the target "Character: Slot 1". That might explain why some of my toons don't seem to be fighting sometimes.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue May 30, 2017 10:16 pm

If it helps, mapped out the call chain on a piece of paper.
But essentially, if a Do Mapped Key Action is called, when the Target is a group and then another action down the chain is also a group, then chances are you are asking the group to tell everyone in the lower group to do something.

"Tell all the people to tell all the people to be quiet, it's too noisy in here." - bob.

If you are having trouble figuring out where it is going wrong, then share your profile and we can direct you to the right place (I can then put relevant pictures too).
<<

ru2

Post Wed May 31, 2017 10:06 am

I like your analogy.

I worked through the call chain as you suggested and now it makes sense. I changed the target on the combat mapped keys from "all" to "current" and that took care of my issue.

Thanks for your help.

Return to World of Warcraft