FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Cyrane

Post Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:57 am

Follow issue

Hi

I've been using ISBoxer for a few years now, and have been very satisfied with it. But I now have a problem I didn't have before and I can't figure it out. It may be related to changes in v42 since I haven't used this software in a few months, and this is the first time creating a new setup in this version.

The issue:
In-game, I've always just clicked on the window of another character to re-enable follow if it broke, ie after combat. For me, I've always liked being able to do that this way. But now this doesn't work, and I have to hit alt+f to make the "slaves" follow the main toon.

There's probably an easy way to get this to work but I can't figure it out. Would really appreciate help with this.

When I create a new setup, what I ususally do after that's done, I go to Character Sets, find my new setup, click on each character and make sure Key Map is set to Always On, and Mapped Key is set to Follow/JambaMaster. Then export to Inner Space. For me, that has been enough, and has worked great.

Thanks for any advice, and sorry if this should be in a differnt forum section :)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:15 am

Re: Follow issue

in the new update, the mapped key you are after is in the ISB42 - WoW key map..

New character sets wont be using the Always On, Non-Combat, Combat key maps any more.
You should try not to have a mixed profile as it will cause no end of grief. If you really like your old Key Maps and what you have configured in them, then when you create new character sets, you will end up needing to reassign the Key Maps and Menus for your new character set to use the old Key Maps and Menus.
<<

Cyrane

Post Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:52 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Using ISB42 - WoW is actually far worse for me, not sure what I'm doing wrong here. This is what happens:

- In addition to having to keep using alt+f to make the other characters follow, with this I also have to press alt+a to make them assist and target my target (don't have to with Always On). I have to keep on doing that for each change of target - that's a lot of extra key pressing when facing groups of mobs. Earlier, they changed target automatically when main character started an attack.
- If following/assisting characters are not in range to use combat abilities when I cast a spell, they will start running towards the target, and will not stop unless terrain hinders them, or they are stopped manually. They used to simply do nothing until I moved a little forward, or the mob moved a little against me.

I have no idea how to get this working as it used to.

Btw, what do you mean with "mixed profile"?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:17 pm

Sounds like the Auto Assist option was not selected when you ran through the Quick Setup Wizard for the new ISBoxer update, but perhaps the Auto Interact With Target option was. We'd probably need to see your profile to confirm this.

A Mixed Profile is one which contains Key Map setup from ISBoxer41 and ISBoxer42. If you have an "Always On" Key Map, and an "ISB42 - Always On" Key Map, then you have a mixed profile, and chances are older teams will be using the ISBoxer41 settings (Always On) and newer teams will be using ISBoxer42 settings. There is no actual difference in the end result of the two different configuration styles, but how they work is. ISB42 setup uses a Virtual setup so the default config generated by the wizard don't override other teams you already have working when you next use the wizard to create a new team. It is also designed to resolve issues with different game styles (MMO vs RPG) in the same profile.

Anyway, if you have a mixed profile, and you really like the old style and the setup of them, then for each new character set you create in the ISB42 wizard, you can select the set in the top left, in the lower left, select Key Maps, and in the lower right, you can highlight/unhighlight the Key Maps you want to use. So for your new team, you could unhighlight all the ISB42 Key Maps, and highlight the older Always On/Combat/Non-Combat (and any custom ones). You will also need to do the same for Menus - otherwise the toggle overlay wont work correctly.

If you don't have a mixed profile, then you probably just have selected a couple of incorrect settings during the Wizard as I mentioned above.

Return to World of Warcraft