FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Party Members Being Dropped From Dungeon

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Tyintheron

Post Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:47 am

Party Members Being Dropped From Dungeon

Hey, folks.

Apologies if this has been brought up elsewhere - a search hasn't brought up anything, so I was hoping someone might have an idea of what's going on.

Basically - set up with a full party, and running through dungeons to level up using the dungeon finder. Everything goes fine for probably 10-15 runs - and then, out of the blue, on entering the next dungeon a random number of people get dropped from the dungeon within a matter of a few seconds (10-15 seconds, typically), and they have no way to re-enter (the Dungeon Finder icon is gone for them, so right clicking on it to re-enter the instance isn't possible).

Being dropped from party or relogging with an invite triggers a "so and so has declined your invitation" message with no active auto-decline settings on any of the characters.

To be clear - this doesn't seem to be an issue with ISBoxer itself, but something that's happening on Blizzard's end - and it seems to be fairly consistent (~20 dungeons run and it's bound to occur).

Was wondering if anyone else had hit this issue, if there are any workarounds, and if it's potentially an anti-boxing measure that's been put in place server-side?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:55 pm

Re: Party Members Being Dropped From Dungeon

I've not heard of any reports of this behavior, past or present, so I, personally, have no idea, but if I had to take a wild guess I'd say it sounds like an add-on could be doing this. Perhaps someone else has an explanation.

Tyintheron wrote:if it's potentially an anti-boxing measure that's been put in place server-side?

I doubt it since Blizzard has publicly defended the multiboxing playstyle since day one, so I wouldn't think that they're trying to be sneaky by keeping multiboxers out of dungeons where they don't bother anyone.
<<

saukendar

Post Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:53 pm

I've been getting this. No cause I've found as yet.

If you logout to the character selection screen without leaving the group (dungeon or otherwise) and then re-log the character the dungeon finder icon will be present again and you can use it to teleport into the dungeon.

Annoying, but generally not a big deal as I normally queue for dungeons from a town/inn and can /camp without delay.

On a related note I have noticed an increase in disconnections when logging into multiple clients at the same time. Using 5 clients, 2 and sometimes 3 will disconnect straight away after a successful logon (character selection screen appears). I've never noticed it happening when I've logged onto 2 or 3 clients at the same time.

But it seems similar. I get 2-3 characters disconnected and 2-3 characters kicked from the dungeon.
<<

sdled

Post Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:16 am

i to believe it to be addon
my guess would be garrison commander/order hall commander
these 2 have given me trouble
make sure to uncheck load out of date addons in addon list
<<

deimon

Post Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:50 am

i had it aswell the fix is
leave the dungeon before you queue up for another and no issues
<<

jabberie

Post Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:20 am

Biggcarl, Txtrcr, and Ridosaw have all experienced this issue.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:09 pm

At this point, those of us who have spammed dungeons have all run into this. My original reply was from 4+ months ago, and it wasn't something anyone was reporting at the time.
<<

deimon

Post Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:36 pm

think its just a bugg
i joined with 4 of my chars along with a twink boosters
1 or 2 chars got kicked out the dungeon until the first boss was killed after that i could rejoin the dungeon with the dungeon finder aggain.
before that it wasnt possible as the dungeon finder wasnt up then.
The only fix that worked was by leaving the dungeon before to queue up for another dungeon.

Return to World of Warcraft