FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Lag issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Warriar

Post Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:12 pm

Lag issue

Morning,

I recently bought an Acer Predator 34inch monitor (Main Screen). I also have a 21inch Samsung monitor (Side Screen).

I use to play the game on 2 Samsung 21inch monitors boxing 5 accounts with no issue at near max level of graphic quality on 10 with no issue Resolution was 1600 x 1200. Now the Resolution is 3440 x 1440 (Wide).

Since upgrading the monitor and having 1 instance on the Acer with 4 instances running on the Samsung. The game is laggy on the side screens and htey fall off and take sometimes 5-10 seconds to swap when I am trying to switch which instance is on the Main screen.

Is there a way to keep the resolution reasonable and the GFraphics QUality above 4 (even at 4 very laggy and slow to swap instances) I am wondering if it is purely the resolution or the monitor or a combination of both.

I have an

Intel i7-6400K (unclocked)
32Gig Ram
NVidia GeForce GTX 1080
Windows 10 64Bit

Any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:45 pm

Re: Lag issue

Think of it this way... 3440x1440 vs 1600x1200 is 4953600 vs 1920000 pixels -- about 2.5 times the work. Per instance. You may be hitting the limits of some of your hardware, but it's not going to be the monitor itself.

First I would suggest running a hardware monitor to see what you're maxing out. We have a guide written up for this type of question, here's the part about running the hardware monitor -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate#Identifying_framerate_bottlenecks

If you are indeed maxing your GPU, dropping resolution might be one of the easiest solutions. If you're not going to use Mouse Broadcasting a lot, you could for example run 4 at a lower resolution than your main instead of all at 3440x1440.
<<

Warriar

Post Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:30 pm

Thansk LAx,

I Ran Open Hardware Monitor. GPU maxed out the entire time. Is there a way to set THe Video Resolution within IsBoxer so thats when I log into a single instance through Battlenet the Video runs at 3400x1440, and that within IsBoxer its less ?

Thanks soo much for your help so far and in advance.

Juggz
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:56 am

Sure. When you use the Window Layout Wizard, there is an option on the right hand side for the 3D render size. This sets the size that ISBoxer will set for the games to render at (as opposed to Display at, which can be bigger if you like with very little impact on performance). By default the 3D render size is the same as the active/main region sizes, but this option is there for those that want to set it smaller.

<<

Warriar

Post Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:14 pm

THanks Bob,

Seems to be a little juttery when playing now though

I Like Laxs Idea of the other 4 running at a lower resolution but after 2 hours messing around this morning I was getting frustrated so will keep trying ot find a youtube or page thats explained on as the main screen experiences no latency its the other 4 that jutter around
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:06 am

The easiest way to get a layout to run different resolutions will be to manually adjust your existing layout. If the Swap Group does not have a Reset Region set, then each game instance will use the resolution settings of the layout region that it is in, rather than the reset region resolution (i.e. normally ISBoxer will render all games at the size specified by the swap groups reset region).

This does have a couple of drawbacks, such as swapping windows will probably be slower as the games resize, and also the game UI will scale differently, potentially moving elements around a bit, so broadcasting may have some issues with mouse positioning. The latter can be accommodated with settings but it usually makes it less of a swapping game.

If using a non swapping layout, or a less swapping layout, you can use multiple swap groups so you other members run at a lower resolution, but as the same aspect ratio, to your main region. This works out well if your main never dies.

Return to World of Warcraft