FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

First attempt, all sorts of problems!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sccoaire

Post Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:59 pm

First attempt, all sorts of problems!

Hi... I read as many posts as I could trying to find a previous question about this but I didn't make it to the end and didn't find anything that resemble what I experienced.

I watch the "how to get started" video, I followed the instructions and left things to default, I have 5 accounts on 2 battle.net accounts. Different emails but same password. On first launch, everything opened fine, I enabled the repeater, entered the password, got error messages from Blizzard on all 5 screens, asking if I was a robot and to enter a captcha. I did, turned off the repeater, entered password in only one window, same error message. Closed everything, re-launched, same error. Tried again to make sure I was typing the right password, boom, I'm locked out, it says to try later. I quit Inner Space, ran the game the normal way, I can login fine.

Couple of hours later, I try again, same results when launched from Inner Space, but fine when using the normal launcher way. There was a small update to download and install for WoW, which battle.net did. I was able to log in fine, so I exit the game, try Inner Space again, using the launcher this time as the game profile. Now the launcher is telling me there is an update to download and install again. After the download, I get an error message that says "we couldn't access a folder. this is usually because you're not logged in as an administrator". My windows account does have local admin access.

So all of this, almost sounds like something is keylogging my password and trying to get admin access to my files to do who knows. If anyone has any idea, please let me know.

thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:11 am

Re: First attempt, all sorts of problems!

Thank you for the detailed description of how you were logging in. You didn't mention turning off Key Maps/Hotkeys, which is an essential part of logging in via the game client.

I understand why people would gloss over this part of the guides ("... I know how to log into the game, thank you very much, wheres the part where I push buttons"), but it is literally in all of our quick start guides:

WoW Quicker Start Guide: http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quicker_Start_Guide#Part_2:_Log_in
Main Quick Start Guide: http://isboxer.com/wiki/ISBoxer_42:Quick_Start_Guide#For_a_game_not_requiring_a_launcher

I would recommend following through with the rest of the WoW Quicker Start Guide, as it will help with this and other first-timer questions :)

Couple of hours later, I try again, same results when launched from Inner Space, but fine when using the normal launcher way. There was a small update to download and install for WoW, which battle.net did. I was able to log in fine, so I exit the game, try Inner Space again, using the launcher this time as the game profile. Now the launcher is telling me there is an update to download and install again. After the download, I get an error message that says "we couldn't access a folder. this is usually because you're not logged in as an administrator". My windows account does have local admin access.

I think what you want to do is just put it back to not using the launcher.

Before trying again, launch battle.net without Inner Space to make sure any patches are applied to the game, then close battle.net. Wait 15-30 seconds to make sure Agent.exe (which battle.net will run in the background) is shut down, or shut it down yourself. Then launch your team.
<<

sccoaire

Post Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:59 pm

Re: First attempt, all sorts of problems!

My apologies, you're absolutely right. I was so focused on the broadcasting key, I didn't think about the key mapping being a possible suspect. Now thinking about it, it makes total sense. Still learning this but so far, having a great time with my 5 toons (and kind of wanting to have a bigger team tbh lol).

Return to World of Warcraft