FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Interact with target, + keymap toggle

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nezreck

Post Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:24 am

Interact with target, + keymap toggle

So this seems to be a new issue, But i have been using "interact with target - standard" for a while and the new patch + inexperience with the program has goofed something up, I have redone my character sets, reinstalled the program completely etc to see if i could undo what i somehow did.

My issue is that my Interact with target key, " R " is no longer toggled by the keymap toggles and is on for good. Also when ever i have a chat box open and attempt to type anything with an R in it it will rewhisper the last thing i typed on that window, For example if i typed out "WTB linen cloth, 5g" it would type out "WTB linen cloth" Again in place of the Actual keystroke, now i assumed this was because under blizzard default keybinds there is a Re-whisper function, but i made sure to go into each account and remove all possible conflicting keybinds that involve the R key, can't seem to remedy the issue.

I know most people will quickly smirk and tell me to just change the key and i'll do that for sure, i am just curious if this is something i did etc or what :P, learning as we go here. Any help appreciated
Attachments
Nezreck.xml
(267.33 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:55 am

Re: Interact with target, + keymap toggle

The problem is just that you're assigning Hotkeys in Key Maps that are not intended to have your Hotkeys, and so they are not toggled off.

1. In the top left pane under Key Maps, select "ISB42 - Party"
2. Observe that nothing in here has a Hotkey except the one you set, and that the "Description" box starts out with "This Key Map is not toggled OFF by the Hotkeys toggle and is not intended to contain any Hotkeys!". It's okay you missed that, just pointing this out now
3. Select "Interact with Target - Standard" in the bottom left pane, the one with the R hotkey.
4. Click the < and clear the Hotkey. It should have no Hotkey.
5. In the top left pane under Key Maps, select "ISB42 - WoW"
6. Remove the Hotkey added to "Toggle Jamba Follow Strobing"

Now that you've removed those, here is where to add both of them...
7. In the top left pane under Key Maps, select "ISB42 - Base Hotkeys"; your Hotkeys both go in here.
8. In the bottom left pane, select "Interact with Target"; this is the one you wanted set to R, do that now
9. Then in the same Key Map, select "Toggle Jamba Follow Strobing (WoW)"; this is the one you wanted set to F1, do that now
10. Export to Inner Space
<<

nezreck

Post Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:51 pm

Re: Interact with target, + keymap toggle

Fantastic :D thank you so much, this has resolved the issue 100%, i'm going to have to spend more time learning the program so i don't look like a goof haha. thanks again

Return to World of Warcraft