FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow works but assist doesn't

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Meshanda

Post Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:39 pm

Follow works but assist doesn't

Hey, i've got ISBoxer earlier in the afternoon but i can't figure out the problem, i know that it has been answered many times but i still can't make it work with the solutions. I did the quick setup wizard then started the game, everything worked except assist and interact functions also the formation are a bit bugged ( players only rotate instead of moving ) but this problem is probably due to my azerty keyboard and ingame mapping (french keyboard) i've no clue why the assist and interact w/ target won't work tried different things since 8hrs.The addon is up to date and activate on my toons, i've the latest ISBoxer version.
thanks your help
<<

jabberie

Post Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:47 pm

Re: Follow works but assist doesn't

<<

Meshanda

Post Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:27 pm

Thanks for the answer !
I've managed to get the formations step correct,
the interact with target is working
but i still have a problem with the assisting, i have no other keybindings set on the hotkeys for assisting, i tried to make it work the same way interact works, bind ingame and in variable keystrokes, then bind in ISB42 - Base Hotkeys however it doesn't work :(. I have set F in game and Alt + F in Base Hotkeys. Alt + F isn't bound in game.

Thanks for helping me - Meshanda.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:22 am

I don't know what you changed in your configuration, but Alt+F is for following. F is not involved in Assisting :)

When you press Alt+A, ISBoxer sends Shfit+Backspace (or another key combo + Backspace) to the game in each window, in order to follow the right character (depnding on the combo). This is not the same as IWT, which first of all attempts to Assist, and then pretty much just sends your IWT key.

Generally to fix Assist if it is not working straight away, the FAQ link Jabberie gave is the answer -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#I_recently_set_a_key_binding_in_the_game_and_now_assist_doesn.27t_work.3F
Note that you're not looking for an assist key binding in the game. You're un-binding anything that might be set to Shfit+Backspace, Ctrl+Backspace, Alt+Backspace, etc so that ISBoxer can properly use them for Assist. Typically this happens because (as the FAQ entry explains) ISBoxer's Hotkeys are enabled while configuring Key Bindings in the game. So for example... if you go into the key bindings screen and press 1 without disabling the Hotkeys first, it may press Shift+Backspace first (because you have Auto-Assist enabled on the 1 Hotkey), assigning that as the key binding instead of 1.
<<

Meshanda

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:40 am

On french keyboards A replace W. So i changed alt + A to alt + F then ive changed the follow Who was already on alt + F. My game is also in french and for some reasons assisting is by default bind on F. I also did unbind shift + backspace but it still wasnt working i didnt know it could have been any others hotkeys + backspace. Sadly ill have to test it tomorrow ( its 6:40 am here ). Thanks for the answer ill update this tomorrow.
<<

Meshanda

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:15 am

So, i've unbind EVERY ingame hotkey ( except ZQSDAE to move and G to interact ) assist still wont work, however maybe it is because of Windows, Alt+Shift is to switch from AZERTY to QWERTY. If it's the problem, how can i solve it ?

Thanks again :)

EDIT : I removed Alt + Shift from windows shortcuts, assist still wont work
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:42 am

At this point I would suggest to either either a) clear your ISBoxer Profile (File -> Clear) and using the Quick Setup Wizard again, or b) show us your ISBoxer Profile ([ur]http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration[/url]).

So, i've unbind EVERY ingame hotkey ( except ZQSDAE to move and G to interact ) assist still wont work, however maybe it is because of Windows, Alt+Shift is to switch from AZERTY to QWERTY. If it's the problem, how can i solve it ?

You're far from the first to use this software with an AZERTY keyboard and this is not likely to be related to the actual problem. When ISBoxer presses Shift+Alt+Anything, the key combo goes directly into the game and will not activate a Windows Hotkey.

Instead of un-binding every in-game hotkey, you can just click the reset button in the in-game key binding window. There are no key bindings that conflict by default. (Though ISBoxer will override a default key binding the game has on F11 for opening a specific bag, I don't think anyone actually uses those.)
<<

Meshanda

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:26 am

http://pastebin.com/BFkyQLTn
i tried to run the quick setup wizard many times so here's my config, hope you can help me :)

Thanks for your help
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:26 pm

I can see you have changed a couple of minor things, but it should still work correctly.

You load up your character set, log in the two characters into the game, disable broadcastings (SHIFT+ALT+R) if it is enabled, enable Key Maps (SHIFT+ALT+;) if they are disabled, group up (SHIFT+ALT+I), then finally target something with your main, press ALT+F and what happens? Nothing? If your Follow command is working, then so should Assist, so you should be getting something at this point, even if it is a message on screen about unknown unit.

Behind the scenes, when Ygjhkvj is your main, ISBoxer sends LSHIFT+BACKSPACE to Yuuraa, which runs a macro in the ISBoxer Addon (this is enabled right? - it must be if follow is working), which tells Yuuraa to "/Assist Ygjhkvj". If Yuuraa is your main, then ISBoxer sends RSHIFT+BACKSPACE to the Ygjhkvj, which again runs a macro in the ISBoxer Addon (enabled on all toons), and that tells Ygjhkvj to "/Assist Yuuraa".

So, the in game binds for assist have no bearing on it, as it is all controlled in a macro, which is using L/R SHIFT+BACKSPACE (and for larger teams will also use CTRL&ALT too).

So, it's not really too tricky. Perhaps the only thing that might be questionable is whether for some reason BACKSPACE is not being recognised as a specific key (sometimes it happens). You could potentially try setting the macro bind to something else, which you can do in ISBoxer. If you try this, it needs to be a key which is not used by anything else (including the use of modifiers), and it needs to have no modifiers when you set it in ISBoxer in the Key Combination field.

After making this change, you need to Export to Inner Space, and if your character set is already running, you will need to do a "/console reloadui" in all games so it reloads the ISBoxer Addon.
<<

Meshanda

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:35 pm

You load up your character set, log in the two characters into the game, disable broadcastings (SHIFT+ALT+R) if it is enabled, enable Key Maps (SHIFT+ALT+;) if they are disabled, group up (SHIFT+ALT+I), then finally target something with your main, press ALT+F and what happens?

This is exactly what i do when i log in, but nothing shows up on the 2nd screen, i also notice that the ingame switch broadcast and hotkeys doesn't work, i can click on both buttons but nothing will work. Maybe the addon isn't working as it should ?

Perhaps the only thing that might be questionable is whether for some reason BACKSPACE is not being recognised as a specific key (sometimes it happens). You could potentially try setting the macro bind to something else, which you can do in ISBoxer. If you try this, it needs to be a key which is not used by anything else (including the use of modifiers), and it needs to have no modifiers when you set it in ISBoxer in the Key Combination field.

I tried to put it on Y,U,NUMPAD8,!,PAUSE/ATTN nothing works.

Thanks for trying to solve this mess with me.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft