FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"Interact with Target" sometimes causing infinite Autorun

Moderator: MiRai

<<

RavenRill

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:31 pm

"Interact with Target" sometimes causing infinite Autorun

In my ISBox config, I have my "ISB42- Party : Interact with Target - Standard" mapped to a hotkey of 'G'. This is a handy way to get the whole party to interact with NPCs as well as to attack the same target. However, on occasion when I use this to attack , one or more of the party members (almost always the melee ones) will run past/through the target and keep autorunning off the face of the earth if the terrain will allow it. As you can imagine, this can create major problems with aggroing other mobs, running off cliffs, etc. Most of the time, I can notice it in time and sending a second "Interact with target" (i.e. pressing 'G' again) will cause them to turn around and engage the target but sometimes this just causes them to run to the other side of the earth. The consequence is further complicated by the fact that once this happens, the camera angle for that character also seems to be wonky and will face the character instead of the direction they are facing like normal. the camera angle gets fixed next time they follow (or logoff) but the whole situation is very stressful since you are right in the middle of combat and may not notice as one of your party members runs off into the sunset. I don't want to stop using Interact with Target because it is super handy to have a single key which will make all the Melee move to the target and interact with or attack it.

The problem only seems to occur when I am in the middle of moving the active character at the time I press the G button. If I stop moving the active character, then press G, then resume moving, I don't think the problem occurs though I have not completely confirmed this. This is mainly how I have been avoiding hitting the problem but, as you can imagine, this gets a little frustrating if you are trying position everyone and have to stop moving the character you are on in order to broadcast "Interact with Target" to the others.

I am looking for guidance on the best way for me to solve this problem. Perhaps I am using "interact with target" the wrong way, or my "Click to Move" settings are wrong or something. I am open to changing how I configure this as long as I have an easy (i.e. one key command) which will allow me to have all my chars interact with a target. Basically, how do most of you use the "Interact with Target" feature and have you found a solution to this problem?

Any guidance on this issue would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
<<

RavenRill

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:59 pm

Re: "Interact with Target" sometimes causing infinite Autorun

I just saw other posts and the ISBobxer wiki page for IWT and see that this is a known "aspect" of interact with target. Namely, that autorun is only cancelled when the char is able to perform the action. If the mob being attacked is moving then the char may miss and continue running ad infinitum. I thought it was tied to my own motion but knowing that it is a risk of moving targets will help me mitigate this (either with IWT spam bursts or cancelled autoruns, etc).

I guess there is no optimum solution to this one but at least I understand the parameters better now.

Thank you to those who have already discussed this problem in other posts as well as the IWT wiki page.
<<

Shnottz

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:21 pm

Re: "Interact with Target" sometimes causing infinite Autorun

just some observations..

Activating IWT rapidly can cause the random running of followers
Activating IWT on targets immediately before they die seems to cause it periodically
Activating it on targets that are susceptible to phasing seems to cause it
When all else fails, broadcast/assist follow all can break the running, I usually just target myself and IWT which seems to work pretty much every time. I look at it like channeling spells - if you're followers are channeling, you have to break the channel first before they will continue properly following/repeating.

Melee with IWT just takes some time and practice. When I first started I (for some silly reason) chose to run with a trio of Feral Druids... painful start, but after figuring out how to handle stealth attacks/IWT/Timing, the other melee classes have been a breeze. Again, painful as all hell to start, but worth the trial and error.

Return to World of Warcraft