FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"Follow Me" Key Map Problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

RavenRill

Post Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:56 pm

"Follow Me" Key Map Problem

This is my first post to the forums so I just want to take a second to say how much I enjoy ISBoxer. I really love it so thank you all!

I have weird key map problem that I cannot seem to solve.
When I make character sets, the "Follow Me" key map/hotkey does NOT work from whatever characters are in slot 3 or slot 5 but works fine from slots 1,2, and 4.
For example, if I make a character set with characters: A,B,C,D,E in slots 1 through 5 respectively, whenever character A is active (foreground) then the "Follow Me" key map will correctly make the rest of the characters follow that character A. Likewise, when I use the "Follow me" hotkey when I am on B, then the characters will all follow B (as desired). The same will happen for character D. However, if I am on C or E (i.e. slot 3 or 5) then it will NOT work. This problem happens regardless of which wow account is in slot 3 or 5. In other words, if I make another char set with the chars ordered like this: B,C,A,E,D then B,C,E will all work now (even though C and E did NOT work in the first config) and A and D (which worked in the first config) will not work properly. Based on this, I don't think the problem is caused by a difference between wow account configurations (e.g. wow key bindings), since I can swap them around and the problem stays on the slot position for the character set and NOT on any specific wow account. Basically, characters which fail to have others follow them in one character set will succeed in other character sets, depending on whether they are in slot 3 or 5. Therefore, I have to conclude the problem is in my ISboxer key map config but I cannot figure out what it is. I did notice that when I am trying to use the Follow Me keymap from slot 3 or 5, I will see "You have no Target" flash in red letters on the other screens. But they still wont follow the char in slot 3 or 5.

One last thing I should mention is that the other key maps (including custom ones I added) all seem to work from all slots. The problem only seems to happen on Follow.

The Follow Me keymap I am trying to use is the premade "ISB42 - WoW : Follow Me". I am assigning it to a hotkey of "Alt-F"

Should I be using a different Follow Me keymap? Does it have something to do with the hotkey containing "Alt"? I also tried the "ISB42- Base Hotkeys: Follow Me" but that seems to have the same effect. No matter what I do, whatever characters are in slots 3 or 5 will not be able to make the other characters follow them. Am I missing something really basic?

Any assistance anyone can provide on this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:04 am

Re: "Follow Me" Key Map Problem

ISBoxer presses Left Ctrl+F11 to follow slot 3, and Left Shift+Alt+F11 to follow slot 5.

If you have a (non-default) key binding configured in the game for either of these, then that may prevent follow from working on that slot.

From http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quicker_Start_Guide#Part_6:_Follow.21:
If certain toons will not follow certain other toons, and the ISBoxer Addon is enabled, it is usually due to a key binding in the game set to use Shift+F11, Ctrl+F11, Alt+F11, Ctrl+Shift+F11. You can go into the game's Key Bindings screen, and find a key binding that is not configured -- a blank box. Any of them will do. Set it to Shift+F11, then Ctrl+F11, then Alt+F11, then Ctrl+Shift+F11, and then unbind it. This will clear out any keys that would interfere with auto-following up to 5 toons.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:19 am

RavenRill wrote:The Follow Me keymap I am trying to use is the premade "ISB42 - WoW : Follow Me". I am assigning it to a hotkey of "Alt-F"
You shouldn't need to assign a hotkey to this mapped key. The key maps with the name "hotkey" in are where the hotkeys are assigned. Through some linkages it will end up calling the mapped key in the WoW key map. The Follow Me mapped key should be in the ISB42 - Base Hotkeys key map.
<<

RavenRill

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:31 am

lax wrote:ISBoxer presses Left Ctrl+F11 to follow slot 3, and Left Shift+Alt+F11 to follow slot 5.

If you have a (non-default) key binding configured in the game for either of these, then that may prevent follow from working on that slot.

From http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quicker_Start_Guide#Part_6:_Follow.21:
If certain toons will not follow certain other toons, and the ISBoxer Addon is enabled, it is usually due to a key binding in the game set to use Shift+F11, Ctrl+F11, Alt+F11, Ctrl+Shift+F11. You can go into the game's Key Bindings screen, and find a key binding that is not configured -- a blank box. Any of them will do. Set it to Shift+F11, then Ctrl+F11, then Alt+F11, then Ctrl+Shift+F11, and then unbind it. This will clear out any keys that would interfere with auto-following up to 5 toons.

Thank for your reply. However, I should have mentioned in my initial post that I had already tried this solution earlier. I saw the post you cited and tried this but it did not have an effect. At the stage where I use a blank key binding and set it to CTRL-F11 a message flashes up which says "CLICK FTLFollow: Left Button is now Unbound!" in red letters. But even after I unbind it has no effect. I tried it for all the combinations and each time unbound it.

I did, however, discover a new piece of information which may help debug the problem. As it turns out, the problem manifests differently for slot 5 than it does for slot 3. If I use the "Follow Me" hotkey from slot 3 then none of the characters are set to follow anyone and red message pops on the other chars screens which says "You have no Target." However, when I use the Follow Me hotkey from the slot 5 character, the other character are set to follow the slot 1 character (regardless of whether they are in a party or slot 1 is leader of the party). I hope this helps.
<<

RavenRill

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:35 am

bob wrote:
RavenRill wrote:The Follow Me keymap I am trying to use is the premade "ISB42 - WoW : Follow Me". I am assigning it to a hotkey of "Alt-F"
You shouldn't need to assign a hotkey to this mapped key. The key maps with the name "hotkey" in are where the hotkeys are assigned. Through some linkages it will end up calling the mapped key in the WoW key map. The Follow Me mapped key should be in the ISB42 - Base Hotkeys key map.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I actually started with the one in the "Base Hotkeys" and assigned the Hotkey "Alt-F" to the "ISB42 - Base Hotkeys:Follow Me" key map but it has the exact same problem. I only recently moved the hotkey to the ISB42 - Wow one hoping that might fix it. Currently, both of them manifest the same symptom.
<<

bob

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:13 am

RavenRill wrote:If I use the "Follow Me" hotkey from slot 3 then none of the characters are set to follow anyone and red message pops on the other chars screens which says "You have no Target." However, when I use the Follow Me hotkey from the slot 5 character, the other character are set to follow the slot 1 character (regardless of whether they are in a party or slot 1 is leader of the party).

This sounds like the characters are not logged into the correct slots.
This comes about because ISBoxer is expecting a specific character to be in a specific slot, and creates the Follow and the Assist macros to match that. When they are in the wrong slots, then the characters follow the wrong targets, or they turn around and say you have no target. This can also happen if you have not logged in the character that ISBoxer expected - i.e. the one which matches the character you have named in your character set that you loaded. This is normally obvious because when you select the character to play in game, the ISBoxer Addon will popup a message along the lines of, "CharacterX logged in, expected CharacterY"

This problem may also manifest if during the Quick Setup Wizard have selected the "Target current Slot, then Follow/Assist Target" method for Follow/Assist mode (or perhaps any of the Follow Assist modes other than "Directly Follow/Assist current Slot (auto-generated WoW Macros)").
In this case, then the Follow Me Mapped Key will be doing an F1 - F6 (depending on current slot and/or F/A method), and then the in game Follow Hotkeys. The F1-F6 targeting method is defined in each slot of the Character Set under the Virtual Key Maps tab.

But best of all, at this stage, seeing as the options are open as to what is going on, and it is not known as to which F/A mode you are using (for whatever reason), then you could supply a copy of your config. Or if a fairly new config, use File -> Clear, go through the QSW again, and for WoW, use the "Directly Follow/Assist current Slot (auto-generated WoW Macros)" for the F/A mode (if you can't use this for reasons, then you will need to figure out the targeting table for the F/A mode you do choose, which is layout out reasonably well in the last page of the QSW).
<<

RavenRill

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:00 pm

bob wrote:
RavenRill wrote:If I use the "Follow Me" hotkey from slot 3 then none of the characters are set to follow anyone and red message pops on the other chars screens which says "You have no Target." However, when I use the Follow Me hotkey from the slot 5 character, the other character are set to follow the slot 1 character (regardless of whether they are in a party or slot 1 is leader of the party).

This sounds like the characters are not logged into the correct slots.
This comes about because ISBoxer is expecting a specific character to be in a specific slot, and creates the Follow and the Assist macros to match that. When they are in the wrong slots, then the characters follow the wrong targets, or they turn around and say you have no target. This can also happen if you have not logged in the character that ISBoxer expected - i.e. the one which matches the character you have named in your character set that you loaded. This is normally obvious because when you select the character to play in game, the ISBoxer Addon will popup a message along the lines of, "CharacterX logged in, expected CharacterY"

This problem may also manifest if during the Quick Setup Wizard have selected the "Target current Slot, then Follow/Assist Target" method for Follow/Assist mode (or perhaps any of the Follow Assist modes other than "Directly Follow/Assist current Slot (auto-generated WoW Macros)").
In this case, then the Follow Me Mapped Key will be doing an F1 - F6 (depending on current slot and/or F/A method), and then the in game Follow Hotkeys. The F1-F6 targeting method is defined in each slot of the Character Set under the Virtual Key Maps tab.

But best of all, at this stage, seeing as the options are open as to what is going on, and it is not known as to which F/A mode you are using (for whatever reason), then you could supply a copy of your config. Or if a fairly new config, use File -> Clear, go through the QSW again, and for WoW, use the "Directly Follow/Assist current Slot (auto-generated WoW Macros)" for the F/A mode (if you can't use this for reasons, then you will need to figure out the targeting table for the F/A mode you do choose, which is layout out reasonably well in the last page of the QSW).

Bob, Thank you again for the detailed response. I really appreciate the help you are trying to provide.
Here are my responses to your concerns/questions:

1. I Confirmed the correct chars are logged into correct slots. I know what you are describing when the wrong char is logged into a slot and the warning dialog you will see but I have confirmed this is not the case here. The correct characters are definitely loaded.

2. I also confirmed the configuration is set to "Directly Follow/Assist current Slot (auto-generated WoW Macros)" as you mentioned.

3. As you suggested, I put the hotkey back on the ISB42 -Base Hotkeys Follow-me (and removed it from the ISB42 - Wow keymaps). The problem remains the same, however.

4. I trimmed down my configuration to the bare essentials and confirmed the problem still exists. The configuration has only two character sets present (basically, different variations for 3 characters). In each of these character sets, whenever I use the ALT-F (Follow Me) hotkey from the Character in slot 3, then the other two characters will either not follow anyone (if they don't have anyone selected) or will follow whoever is currently selected. (I did not realize they would do this when I posted last night but after experimenting, I learned that they are basically trying to follow whoever is selected and if no one is selected they post the red message "You have no target" instead of following character 3). I have pasted my config to Pastebin to facilitate troubleshooting. Here is a link to the paste. I have never used Pastebin before so if you need a different type of link then please let me know. Hopefully, you can access it from this:

<script src="//pastebin.com/embed_js/5zeURLtW"></script>

Please let me know if you need more information and thank you again for the assistance.
<<

bob

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:39 pm

OK, the issue is you have set the Key Combination in the WoW macro to be CTRL+F11. This will not work with the FTL system which uses the modifiers to identify a specific slot/toon. This should be just plain old F11.

Change this, export to Inner Space (which will also re-write the ISBoxer WoW Addon), and then you will either need to relog your characters or do a /console reloadui in game (to get it to reload addons) - if you are not logged in when exporting, then this last doesn't apply)
<<

RavenRill

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:04 pm

bob wrote:OK, the issue is you have set the Key Combination in the WoW macro to be CTRL+F11. This will not work with the FTL system which uses the modifiers to identify a specific slot/toon. This should be just plain old F11.

Change this, export to Inner Space (which will also re-write the ISBoxer WoW Addon), and then you will either need to relog your characters or do a /console reloadui in game (to get it to reload addons) - if you are not logged in when exporting, then this last doesn't apply)

Bob, you are AWESOME!!! That did the trick. "Follow Me" hotkey now works properly from ALL 5 character slots! Thank you sooo much!

Just curious, is there any way to set this to something like F13 instead of F11 since I usually use F11 button for one of my action bars slots? If not, I can retrain myself to use a different key. I must have messed up this configuration when I was setting everything up initially and thought CTRL-F11 would work fine. Obviously, it only worked partially. I really want to thank you for taking your time to help me and giving the problem such attention and support. Cheers to you!
<<

bob

Post Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:11 pm

You can set it to any key you like, but it needs to be unbound in game (with and without modifiers), and not use any modifiers in the Key Combination box. There might be some restrictions, like ENTER and F4 might be bad choices due to any toon using ALT as a modifier will probably have undesirable results.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft