FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Repeater keys randomly stop

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Cloggie

Post Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:21 am

Repeater keys randomly stop

Hi,
For the longest time I've keybound spells not only to my 1 - 0 keys, but also F1 - F12. Now something strange is happening when I dual box in WoW. I launch my team via inner space and everything is fine. After a few minutes however, the F keys will stop broadcasting/repeating. I have found that if I open up ISBoxer without making any changes in my team's configuration and simply "Export all to Innerspace" it will immediately correct the issue. Then several minutes later they'll stop broadcasting/repeating again and I have to go and export once again to fix it. It only stops broadcasting of the F keys though, the numbers 1 through 0 still work fine. Has anyone had this or a similar issue before or can point me in right direction for a more permanent fix?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:05 am

Re: Repeater keys randomly stop

From your description it seems as though you have something which is turning the F1 - F12 keys off, but perhaps not on again, e.g. the Activate Maps mapped key or similar. When you export it is resetting the ISBoxer configuration (in fact you could just reselect your character set from the Inner Space menu and it would have the same effect), back to the initial startup config, and presumably your F1 - F12 mapped keys are in a Key Map which is being loaded to your character set at this time, and something you are doing later is unloading them (I mentioned the Activate Maps mapped key as this is the usual issue - see, [url=and now the]FAQ - I added a new Key Map but the Key Maps toggle does not toggle it[/url]).

Anyway, much easier to work these things out if you can share your config, and give us a run down of the actions you are performing before it stops working to the best of you knowledge.
<<

Cloggie

Post Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:59 am

Here's a link to my isboxer config http://pastebin.com/rKNJpqcF

As for what actions I may have done prior to the issue, I really have no idea but I will keep an eye on it and reply with any information which may be useful. It maybe important to note that when the issue arises, all of the keybound spells to the Function keys still work on my focus character, they're just not being sent to my slave.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:30 am

Unless I'm blind (and I may be), the profile that you provided above does not have F1 through F12 set up anywhere within it.

If you wish to add F1 - F12 as usable keys, then you can use the Mapped Key Wizard to set up either a Straight Key Broadcast, or Assist & Broadcast, but I'm going to warn you that F11 is already in use by ISBoxer. If you want to use F11 as an in-game ability, then you may need to change the key that the /follow {FTL} macro, under the Game Helper section, is bound to. However, the key that you choose will also need to be unaffected by, and clear of, all keyboard modifiers.

Return to World of Warcraft