FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Battle.net always updateing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

alarmterry

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:06 am

Battle.net always updateing

I am using 3 characters and every time I try to launch at least 1 out of the 3 gets and update button instead of a play button. I have tried to make another set and not use the launcher but it always uses the launcher no matter what wow version I pick in quick start wizard. I have made a 2 character team and have no problems with that.

I did change battle.net settings to never update and close completely after launch.

Thanks for any help
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:37 am

Re: Battle.net always updateing

Is battle.net still running when you launch your team? (Close it to be sure...)

Have you tried running the repair option in battle.net to be sure there isn't some corrupt file or something?

Do you have multiple WoW installs?

In general the answer to this is to check whichever Game Profile (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Game_Profile) is in use by your Characters in ISBoxer, and ensure it is pointing to the correct copy/location of WoW.exe or WoW-64.exe. If you didn't use Add Game yourself, then Inner Space automatically detected a WoW install, and will have several Game Profiles pointing to that copy of WoW. As they are all pointing to the same place, they should all have the same behavior as far as this issue. I would probably assume they are pointing to an outdated WoW folder.
<<

alarmterry

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:14 pm

battle.net is not running when I start

I have tried the repair option in battle.net

I have only have 1 WoW install, it is on secondary drive don't know if that matters.

Thank you lax I will check the game profiles next.
I have been able to get going if I open up the task manager and close out battle.net update agent processes as they open while I launch my team
<<

Daelus

Post Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:10 am

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

I'm seeing the same thing. I've tried running repair on the game. Removed and reinstalled battle.net launcher and removed and reinstalled the game. Even moved hard drives.
<<

Dadjutsu

Post Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:52 pm

I got around this problem by launching each account separately via the launcher ( not using ISB) and after the update I entered the character into the world then exited and then did that for all accounts I wish to launch.
Afterwards I launch my team via ISB using the wow64.exe.

This only needs to be done after a major update I found.
<<

Daelus

Post Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:48 am

Dadjutsu wrote:I got around this problem by launching each account separately via the launcher ( not using ISB) and after the update I entered the character into the world then exited and then did that for all accounts I wish to launch.
Afterwards I launch my team via ISB using the wow64.exe.

This only needs to be done after a major update I found.

Sorry for the delayed response here but what you're saying is you use the launcher to update the client then launch the client directly and manually authenticate each?
<<

Dadjutsu

Post Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:34 am

yes that is correct. and that is for each client, the problem then goes away for me.

Return to World of Warcraft