FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiboxing melee [SOLVED]

Moderator: MiRai

<<

cryonicblue

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:51 am

Multiboxing melee [SOLVED]

I have a couple of quick problems trying to multibox melee.

* Everytime I send them to attack I have a horrible "follow lost" sound wich get annoying after a while. can't figure out how to set it to only work out of combat or not at all.

* When I attack I press a button on mouse for interact with target so they run to the mob and can attack but if I or the mob move slightly they will all miss unless I keep spamming that mousebutton on the side, which get tricky.
Last edited by cryonicblue on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:26 am

Re: Multiboxing melee

* Everytime I send them to attack I have a horrible "follow lost" sound wich get annoying after a while. can't figure out how to set it to only work out of combat or not at all.

I believe you can just disable Jamba-Follow

* When I attack I press a button on mouse for interact with target so they run to the mob and can attack but if I or the mob move slightly they will all miss unless I keep spamming that mousebutton on the side, which get tricky.

Indeed, that his how Interact with Target works.

As described on our IWT wiki page http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Interact_with_Target:
When combined with Click to Move, Interact with Target will also cause your character to face and move toward your target; This is an important feature for multiboxing, since it means less manual movement when doing the above activities. Your character will automatically stop moving if the action is performed, but will not otherwise change direction or stop moving unless manually interrupted. Unfortunately, this limitation of the feature causes some undesirable side effects, especially in the cases where your target is moving, or your character otherwise slightly misses the target, because your character will continue running in that direction unless manually interrupted! Using the Interact with Target hotkey again will restart the process, where once again your character may stop moving or miss the target again, and this will continue as many times as you use the hotkey -- potentially making your character run circles around its target.

This is just something you will have to learn how to deal with if you intend to keep using IWT especially during combat (unless they change how it works in the game, but this has been the same for many years now). Make sure you have convenient Hotkeys for IWT, Auto-follow, and maybe even one of the "others turn left/right" keys (which are also useful for breaking auto-follow).
<<

cryonicblue

Post Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:19 am

Thanks. Is there a reason when I hit like "1" for my primary attack (where I have put IWT) my chars seems to run in all wierd directions, sometimes all chars run to and attack target, sometimes they just go crazy
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:04 am

If you have modified the standard settings for the ISB 42 Combat Hotkeys key map, then perhaps. This Key Map usually contains an existing mapped key which is already using 1 as a hotkey. This in turn calls the ISB42 - Combat Broadcast mapped key of the equivalent name, which in turn calls Auto IWT (if you selected it in the quick setup wizard) auto Assist (if you did not unselect it in the quick setup wizard).

If you have created your own mapped key, using 1 as a hotkey, then you will have duplication. If you have modified the existing mapped keys, it is possible you have duplication. You might also be seeing the results of Assist Delay.

You have to be careful with some things. Spamming IWT can make your toons do weird stuff. There was a video showing this, amongst a bunch of posts on the dual-boxing.com forums, and the general consensus was, if you spam IWT, be prepared to try and catch your toons when the run all over the place.
<<

cryonicblue

Post Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:37 am

Hi!

This is some screenshots of my settings. Been using them for years and I'm not so used to melee.

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:03 am

cryonicblue wrote:This is some screenshots of my settings. Been using them for years and I'm not so used to melee.

Confirmed. Your configuration uses "FTL DPS Keys", and the name of that Key Map has been changed twice since then! ;)

Generally we don't want screenshots of your configuration, it is hard to glean enough information to solve problems. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

But, in this case the answer is just IWT. The more you press your 1 key, the more your toons will be told to move, and sometimes that will not be very convenient. As described here... http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Interact_with_Target
When combined with Click to Move, Interact with Target will also cause your character to face and move toward your target; This is an important feature for multiboxing, since it means less manual movement when doing the above activities. Your character will automatically stop moving if the action is performed, but will not otherwise change direction or stop moving unless manually interrupted. Unfortunately, this limitation of the feature causes some undesirable side effects, especially in the cases where your target is moving, or your character otherwise slightly misses the target, because your character will continue running in that direction unless manually interrupted! Using the Interact with Target hotkey again will restart the process, where once again your character may stop moving or miss the target again, and this will continue as many times as you use the hotkey -- potentially making your character run circles around its target.

Personally -- based on my own personal experience with melee teams -- I would not put IWT on my DPS keys except for PVP, because I hate watching my team run in circles (and potentially away) as I am fighting a mob that's otherwise standing still. In PVP, the target tends to move a lot, and IWT is absolutely invaluable. I have an Assist hotkey and an IWT hotkey right next to my DPS key that I tap manually as needed.

Bob's point on Assist Delay could also be having an effect here. You could be in the heat of battle, having just killed something, and click on a new target, as you're madly pressing 1 1 1 1 1 1 1. What can happen is your 1 key has your guys assist, but for a number of milliseconds (related to your ping), window 2 does not know that when it gets /assist, that it should use this new target instead of the old target; it cannot know until the server tells it that your main switched targets. That is expected to happen for each window at a very slightly different time (they are each separately connected to the server), so there is a chance that some of the windows pick up the new target and move toward it, and some of the windows pick up the old target and move toward it.
<<

cryonicblue

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:43 am

Thanks for always being so helpful lax, my problem is solved

Return to World of Warcraft