FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Strange behavior with click bar, repeater region and grid

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bollwerk

Post Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Strange behavior with click bar, repeater region and grid

I'm trying to setup a method to heal my team using click bars and grid. I tried using Video FX (healer source, others viewer), but the layering order I think prevents using click bars with video FX or something. So I am trying to use a repeater region. The behavior I'm trying to get:
1) From any toon, click the click bar button for a heal spell, then execute a heal @mouseover macro on the healer.

All toons have a Grid of entire team, ordered the same using a GridCustomLayouts, with a 5 button click bar covering Grid and a repeater region covering both.
Team is listed vertically, with wide bars and the click bar has multiple long buttons, so each button covers all 5 toons.

What is currently happening - Healer gets "stuck" healing a particular toon, no matter where I click in the same button (i.e. other toons)
HOWEVER, if I enable/disable the ISBoxer Control Panel GUI, it works correctly the first time, then gets "stuck" on that toon.

ISBoxer profile XML attached.

Thanks!
Attachments
WoWLegion.xml
ISboxer profile
(348.3 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:25 pm

Re: Strange behavior with click bar, repeater region and grid

I have to say I don't understand fully what the setup is going to achieve, but the obvious fault in the plan is the that the mouseover is not doing as you expect. This is probably again due to Z order, and when move into your clickbar/repeater region thing, then the mouse is currently being tracked by the repeater region, then you click on the clickbar, and the repeater region movement no longer applies as the clickbar is the current focused element and is receiving all input.

Two options come to mind.
  1. Forget the repeater region thing, and use the Mouseover action on the clickbar buttons to get your healer to target the appropriate toon. I cover this in viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6593. You specifically should look at the Mapped Keys part 1 section, including the green bits where I describe what to do to use the WoW FTL macros.
  2. On the mapped keys being fired by the button, put a Mouse Sync action at the top of the action list, before it fires your macro.
<<

bollwerk

Post Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:46 pm

Thanks. I'll give your suggestions a try.

EDIT - I'm still reading, but so far your instructions seem to indicate I would need a different click bar button for each character I want to target (currently, I only have buttons per spell, but the button is large enough to cover all 5 toons in Grid - This is why I was hoping the @mouseover would handle targeting of the spell for me). I suppose I can create 25 total buttons, as opposed to 5, but I was trying to be clever. =)
<<

bollwerk

Post Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:03 pm

I've finished reading the instructions and it looks like it's not quite what I was hoping to accomplish, at least with a single click bar for a single healer.
I am trying to avoid using different keys/click types to cast different spells.
What I would like to accomplish:
Single click bar with 25 buttons (5 spells x 5 toons)
Each box activates the appropriate spell on the appropriate toon with a standard left click. (no need for assigning different hotkeys for different spells)

Give how powerful ISBoxer is, I assume this is possible, but it's so hard to wrap my head around everything, I'm not sure how to accomplish it. Perhaps I just need to keep experimenting.

EDIT - Figured it out. I did most of your setup, but created a single click bar with 25 buttons, 5x5
Each column is setup more or less like you did, but I added a Mapped Key Picker to each button, to cast the spell on the target selected during the mouseover.
Of note, I had to make sure to set the Mapped Key Picker to my Healers ATG, and the key map being executed goes to Window:Current (self)

Maybe a bit messy, but it seems to work. Thanks very much for your help.

Return to World of Warcraft