FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[SOLVED] Merging Bnets/Accs for the Purpose of MultiBoxing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Purewisdom

Post Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:16 pm

[SOLVED] Merging Bnets/Accs for the Purpose of MultiBoxing

Hello there,

I am a avid multi-boxer and the grind for multiple heirlooms along with other things is just painful, i have around 25 accounts i plan to multi-box, my main question is how many accounts under the same battle net account can i multi-box at once for example
E.G. Main bnet account: Account 1 Account 2 Account 3 Account 4 Account 5. But run them simultaneously or is there a limit to how many wow accounts can be running simultaneously from 1 bnet/merged ? As well as using wow tokens for sub is there a new limit to how many can be USED with one battle net for E.G. If I was to only sub those 5 accounts with wow tokens from the AH.

Regards Purewisdom
Last edited by Purewisdom on Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:38 pm

Re: [Question] Merging Bnets/Accs for the Purpose of MultiBoxing

You may have up to 8 WoW accounts under a single battle.net account https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... 878#post-7

The WoW tokens can be applied to any WoW account, although there is a limit of 36 WoW tokens every 24 months, per battle.net account.

Then there is the discussion of things shared between WoW accounts when on a single battle.net vs not shared when on a different battle.net (this stuff is more specific and beyond my general WoW knowledge).
<<

Purewisdom

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:17 am

bob wrote:You may have up to 8 WoW accounts under a single battle.net account https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... 878#post-7

The WoW tokens can be applied to any WoW account, although there is a limit of 36 WoW tokens every 24 months, per battle.net account.

Then there is the discussion of things shared between WoW accounts when on a single battle.net vs not shared when on a different battle.net (this stuff is more specific and beyond my general WoW knowledge).

Ok thanks for that clarification.

But as you said "you may have up to 8 accounts under a single b.net". Now does this enable me to have all "8 accounts" under one bnet to be simultaneously played at once for instance for multiboxing? Or would I only be able to access one wow acc at a time under said merged bnet account?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:28 am

Purewisdom wrote:But as you said "you may have up to 8 accounts under a single b.net". Now does this enable me to have all "8 accounts" under one bnet to be simultaneously played at once for instance for multiboxing?

Yes.

As for merging accounts, there's a chance you might be able to get Blizzard to do it, but, these days, it's unlikely.
<<

jabberie

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:23 am

MiRai wrote:
Purewisdom wrote:But as you said "you may have up to 8 accounts under a single b.net". Now does this enable me to have all "8 accounts" under one bnet to be simultaneously played at once for instance for multiboxing?

Yes.

As for merging accounts, there's a chance you might be able to get Blizzard to do it, but, these days, it's unlikely.

They will nearly always consolidate accounts, especially if it leaves the other battle.net completely empty.

But then you run in to the problem of how many tokens you can purchase on 1 Battle.net account.

As for shared, your collection tab is shared across all accounts under a Battle.net Account.
<<

Purewisdom

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:54 pm

jabberie wrote:
MiRai wrote:

Yes.

They will nearly always consolidate accounts, especially if it leaves the other battle.net completely empty.

But then you run in to the problem of how many tokens you can purchase on 1 Battle.net account.

As for shared, your collection tab is shared across all accounts under a Battle.net Account.

But surely the token limit was released just a day or so ago? The 10 wow tokens per week still applies. However it may seem the 36 tokens per 2 years has been lifted, and only the cap on the B.net balance is the true limiter now.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753246592
<<

Purewisdom

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:03 pm

Ok so here is my GM ticket response. This seems to clarify our issues 100% through. So yes the 36 tokens per a b.net has been lifted!!!! YAY

Cyclanyx
Greetings, I am Game Master Cyclanyx.

Thanks for getting on to us about this.
/wave from a fellow multiboxer. I levelled 5 shamans back pre-lich kind... and pre-recruit a friend. I got a lot of /spits as I levelled but killing level 70 players with my 5 level 54 shamans (due to totem of wrath giving 3% spell hit chance... remember that mechanic?) made it worth it.
Death knights kinda scared me too much with the worry of a follower-character being gripped away too much though and I didn't persue it aftrerwards.

With regards to your question - there is no limit in the grand scale to how many tokens you can buy and sell. You could in theory keep all 5 accounts subscribed via selling tokens for gametime all 12 months of the year.
Note that you may only hold gold-bought tokens (waiting to be used to add balance/gametime) at once on your entire battlenet account.
In addition, you may only purchase 10 real-money tokens from the in-game shop (to sell for gold) per week.

Further information available here:
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/articl ... -WoW-Token
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/news/ ... et-balance

As for your other question - each WoW account may be logged in at the same time. Each one has the same access to the same, and is not related to the fact you may have more on the same battlenet.
However there is a limit to how many WoW accounts one battlenet can hold - which is 8 accounts. So you may have WoW1-8, but will not be able to add a WoW9. But all 8 of those accounts may be logged in at once.

I hope this helps! And I wish you all the best and good luck.

Remember you can view your ticket history and read our responses on our support site here: https://battle.net/support/en/case/
<<

Wubsie

Post Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:14 pm

MiRai wrote:As for merging accounts, there's a chance you might be able to get Blizzard to do it, but, these days, it's unlikely.

I had a sneaking suspicion that they would lift the token cap eventually, and about a week back merged 2 of my B-nets. Went perfectly smoothly. The GM just popped in to ask whether I was aware that I would be losing the toys/mounts/looms from the B-net I am moving the accounts away from and went ahead with the merge after confirmation. I think it's still mainly splitting they have an issue with, due to potential (no matter how unlikely) abuse.

Return to World of Warcraft