FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

help with number keys

Moderator: MiRai

<<

cp25

Post Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:17 pm

help with number keys

Hi,

I started making some new character sets and am having trouble with the numbers keys (1,2, 3 etc).
When I press a number key on my keyboard or on my Razer naga it inputs G1 when I press the number 1.
I'm not sure what I did to make this happen.
On my old character sets I do not have this problem and only just noticed this recently when I created new character sets.
I use the quick wizard to make all the set and just started playing around with checking off the boxes to enable auto interact with target.
I also changed my hot keys for follow to f (previously it was alt + f) and my interact with target hot key to just g (previously alt + g).
I also checked off the box in "Basic Braodcasting of 1 thought =" to also enable "and shift". Unchecking the box for "and shift" did not fix the problem.

I did change these back to alt +f and alt + g but this did not fix the problem.

This is making inputting my password in the login screen a pain in the butt.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:50 pm

Re: help with number keys

Ok, to rule out ISBoxer from doing anything, then the best thing to do is to disable Key Maps and Broadcasting when you attempt to enter your password. If you are using a standard default profile this should remove any overlap (if you have mixed profiles from older versions of ISBoxer, all bets are off).

Second would be to run any keyboard/mouse software for your devices as Admin (you may need to close it and re-run as admin if it auto starts with Windows).
<<

cp25

Post Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:53 pm

Thanks for your reply Bob,

I've turned off keymaps when trying to put in my PW and this seems to have solved the problem.
I'm wondering if there is some other fix so that I don't have to do this because the problem still persists in game when i try to type in any other number. As you can imagine trying to conduct trade or any other conversation with numbers becomes problematic although I suppose I could turn keymaps on/off when I need to do that.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you say

"(if you have mixed profiles from older versions of ISBoxer, all bets are off)"

What exactly is a profile?

if I had to guess I think you mean if I have other character sets that were created from older versions of IS Boxer (which I do) then this makes things alot more complicated.

I don''t have the same problem when I load character sets (is this the same as profiles?) that were created years ago.
I would say that this problem just came up within the past 3ish weeks.

The new character sets I'm creating are done using the quick start wizard with the "MMO-Standard Profile"

Also another problem that I am having is this:

I have a mount in my = slot. This means that when I press = what should happen is that all my toons will mount up. What has happened is that if my main window has a corpse or npc targeted then my slaves will go to that target and try to interact with it. Once they get there and interact with it if I press = again then they will mount. If my main window does not have a npc/corpse targeted and my slaves do have a target (ie the last mob they killed) they will interact with that target first then when = is pressed again they will mount. I use Jamba and perhaps this could be a something in Jamba that is causing this?

cp25
<<

bob

Post Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:11 pm

cp25 wrote:I've turned off keymaps when trying to put in my PW and this seems to have solved the problem.I'm wondering if there is some other fix so that I don't have to do this because the problem still persists in game when i try to type in any other number. As you can imagine trying to conduct trade or any other conversation with numbers becomes problematic although I suppose I could turn keymaps on/off when I need to do that.
As a general rule, you will always need to disable Key Maps when you are typing in game, whether in chat, or your passwords, especially if you need to use a Number key, or any other ISBoxer Hotkey, especially those that have Auto-Interact or Auto-Assist setup.

cp25 wrote:What exactly is a profile?if I had to guess I think you mean if I have other character sets that were created from older versions of IS Boxer (which I do) then this makes things alot more complicated.
This is exactly what I meant. A profile is an ISBoxer configuration. If we are trying to help someone, then a configuration which uses a profile generated under ISBoxer 41 is different to a profile generated under ISBoxer 42 (current release). All the Key Maps are named differently, some configuration on the character set is different, and the resulting behaviours of some of the mapped keys is a little different. In a mixed profile from different versions of ISBoxer, people will sometimes assign Key Maps to character sets that end up in the actions not doing what they expect. It is not a problem if you understand what is going on, but if you haven't spent the time to delve into what ISBoxer is doing, then it can be rather confusing. Usually the best bet is to use one style of configuration or the other. To continue to use your old style of configuration, you can select your character set in the top left, and in the lower left select Key maps, and then in the Lower right, unhighlight all the ISB42.... key maps, and highlight the others (usually Always On, Combat, Non-Combat). If you use the menus (click overlays), then you will need to also select Menus in the lower left, and unhighlight the ISB42 menus, and highlight Standard (if you use it) and Toggles. It might be more than you want to do though, so I'd recommend moving towards an ISBoxer 42 config, and take note of whether you want to use Auto Assist or not (this is an option on the last page of the Wizard).

cp25 wrote:I have a mount in my = slot. This means that when I press = what should happen is that all my toons will mount up. What has happened is that if my main window has a corpse or npc targeted then my slaves will go to that target and try to interact with it. Once they get there and interact with it if I press = again then they will mount. If my main window does not have a npc/corpse targeted and my slaves do have a target (ie the last mob they killed) they will interact with that target first then when = is pressed again they will mount. I use Jamba and perhaps this could be a something in Jamba that is causing this?
Sounds like this is the result of the Auto Interact on the = mapped key, which will be configured by default as part of the Quick Setup Wizard (this can be turned off if you uncheck the option in the last page of the Wizard). In ISBoxer 42, you can change this by going to Key Maps -> ISB42 - Combat Broadcast in the top left, finding the = Mapped Key in the lower left, selecting Step 1, and then in the Lower right, select and delete (DEL) the "Do Auto Interact..." actions.

If you don't want the Auto Interact on any of the mapped keys, then the method to remove it is different. You select your character set in the top left pane, in the lower right you select Virtual Mapped Keys and then you should set the Auto-Interact with Target - Active Method to <NO MAPPED KEY> in <NO KEY MAP>, which you can do by selecting the Bank options in the Mapped Key Picker for the right hand side.

EDIT: realised your issue was probably the Interact not Assist
<<

cp25

Post Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:25 pm

Bob,

Thanks for the screen shots. My mount problem is now fixed. I just started playing melee toons (OP Demon Hunters!) and found the auto interact with target EXTREMELY helpful and much easier to play. I levelled my Dk's a few weeks ago without this function and this time around its much easier.

I guess I will have to live with the turning keymaps off for chat and PW functions. It seems with the auto interact with target option checked it does strange things when pressing the number keys.

cp25
<<

bob

Post Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:46 pm

The auto interact option sends your Interact Key to all toons when using the wizard configured mapped combat broadcast mapped keys (the 1 to = keys). If you followed the guides on the wiki to set it up, then your in game bind for Interact would probably be G (which is what I figured out when I thought about it). So when it is on, and you press the 1 key for ISBoxer, it will send G + 1 to all your toons. For your = key it would have sent G + =. It's not strange, it is expected behaviour for that option.

If you don't want Auto Interact on certain keys, then you can remove the hotkeys for those ones in the ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys, and instead setup mapped keys (using the Mapped Key Wizard is easiest) and put them in the ISB42 - Custom Hotkeys key map. For those, like your mount key, you could use just a Straight Key Broadcast. This is a better option than I gave above, but they would achieve the same result.

Return to World of Warcraft