FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Team 2 not following proper master

Moderator: MiRai

<<

duckfart

Post Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:32 am

Team 2 not following proper master

So I run 10 accts for world quest I split them up into 2 groups of 5. My pally team works great but I'm having issues with my dk team. Think I've narrowed it down to a bug with the names of the toons. My main toon is whatupdays and the one team 2 follows is whatupdayss which it has a extra s in the name. I can replace that dk with one of my pallys and everything works fine. Or if I put that dk past the follow distance then team 2 follows my main correctly. So do I have to rename my dk named whatupdayss since the name is to close to my main toon? or is there a bug here you can fix? If needed I can make a video for you and put it up on my youtube page so you can see exactly whats happening.

Thanks for any help
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:08 am

Re: Team 2 not following proper master

Unfortunately, this is a known issue with the /follow command in WoW. Since it does a search on the name and not an exact match (as /targetexact does), if one of your names is entirely contained in one or more other names, e.g. "Toon" and "ToonA" "ToonB" etc, any time you /follow "Toon" it can follow any of the 3.

It would be easiest on you to rename one of the toons, absolutely.
<<

duckfart

Post Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:00 am

Ok thank you will do.
<<

duckfart

Post Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:16 pm

Changed his name life is all good again, Now I know about the issue for future teams I may make.

Return to World of Warcraft