FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Invite and follow weirdness

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Gooey62

Post Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:49 pm

Invite and follow weirdness

Hi all,

I've been using ISBoxer for a little over a year now and have to say that I love it.

First off, I only run 3 toon teams. I've been playing mostly on a Horde server with some friends from work.

With that said, I created a new team on an alliance server I started playing on back at the start of WoW and am getting some weird stuff happening.

From the first slot, the other two will follow but for some reason the party invite funtion isn't working.

From slot two and three, the slot one toon will not follow, but the other one will. I can do the party invite function from slot 2 or 3 without issue.

I had recently updated from 4.1 to 4.2, so I decided to clear all my stuff in ISBoxer and start over. Unfortunately, I'm still getting that problem.

I have double (and triple) checked to make sure that the correct toons are in the correct windows, but I'm kind of at a loss and what to check next......

Any ideas?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:09 pm

Re: Invite and follow weirdness

First, make sure ISBoxer Addon is enabled in the first window. You're saying the ISBoxer Addon's macros are not working within the first window, and the most obvious solution then would be to make sure it's not disabled. We know it is for sure in the other windows, because the ISBoxer Addon's macros are working within those windows (they will invite, they will follow, etc).

Otherwise, it would be Key Bindings configured within WoW, in the first window, that override the in-game Key Bindings for ISBoxer Addon's macros.

Sometimes this is inadvertently caused by leaving ISBoxer Hotkeys enabled while setting Key Bindings within the game. See FAQ: I recently set a key binding in the game and now assist doesn't work?

In this case since it is Follow and not Assist, just pretend it says "Assist" and instead of "Backspace" pretend it says "F11". You would also have to check Ctrl+Shift+Alt+I since that is what the in-game Key Binding for invite is (which is not the same as the ISBoxer Hotkey we have you press to activate it)
<<

Gooey62

Post Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:18 pm

Thanks for the quick reply....

I feel like a noob!

For some reason the addon wasn't enabled on the first toon... but was on the other two... not sure why... but that fixed the problem!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:29 pm

Glad it was easy to take care of. Those kind are the best, don't feel bad at all!

Return to World of Warcraft