FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow function acting weird

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dm0x

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:05 pm

Follow function acting weird

So I just got my pally team to 92. WoD Leveling pissed me off due to all the instancing. So I started a new Boomking team. Thy all loaded up without a hitch, but they are doing crazy things when I hit follow. Like they'll all swap to following a slave which isnt active and he tries to follow himself.

http://pastebin.com/2pT1Untu
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:05 pm

Re: Follow function acting weird

That really sounds like you have logged the wrong accounts into the wrong slots. Normally when this happens and you load yoru characters into the game world ISBoxer will report a message in chat which says something like "Character in wrong window? ISBoxer expected <CHARNAME1> but got <CHARNAME2>. Some functionality may not work correctly!"
<<

dm0x

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:08 pm

bob wrote:That really sounds like you have logged the wrong accounts into the wrong slots. Normally when this happens and you load yoru characters into the game world ISBoxer will report a message in chat which says something like "Character in wrong window? ISBoxer expected <CHARNAME1> but got <CHARNAME2>. Some functionality may not work correctly!"

Im launching through innerSpace. How do i fix this?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:10 pm

Make sure, that when the first game instance pops up for you to log in, you log in the account that owns the character that will go in slot 1. When the second game instance comes up, log in the account that owns the character that will go in slot 2, when the third game instance pops up, log in the account that owns the character that will go in slot 3, etc.....

Once it is right, you can be less vigilant because the account names are usually remembered. IIRC it can be a bit annoying if you have multiple wows on the same battle.net due to subaccounts, but I've no experience with this.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:23 pm

dm0x wrote:Im launching through innerSpace. How do i fix this?

To add to what bob said, you'd see a big pop-up on the character(s) which were affected, and it'd be something that you'd have to specifically ignore—you really can't miss the warning.

If it's not that, then are you using JAMBA? If so, do you have JAMBA configured properly? If you don't have JAMBA configured properly, then your characters might just seem to follow random members of the party.
<<

dm0x

Post Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:32 am

ISBoxer addon is giving me a popup on my slaves that its finding the wrong character on the screen. I have no clue how to fix this.
<<

dm0x

Post Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:36 am

Its frustrating and makes no sense. My characters are labeled to the proper sub accounts. why the hell are they in the wrong window?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:42 am

dm0x wrote:ISBoxer addon is giving me a popup on my slaves that its finding the wrong character on the screen. I have no clue how to fix this.

Well, are some of them in the wrong windows, according to the popups?

ISBoxer expects you to log into specific Characters in each game window, according to your Character Set. If you tell it Slot 1 is Bob and Slot 2 is Alice, but then you log in as Alice in the first window and Bob in the second window, it's going to pop up the message in both windows. To fix it the solution is to log into each of the characters in the right window.

When you launch your team and the game windows come up, it says who it expects to be in the window in a little popup text from ISBoxer. If that's not the one you're logging into, you're going to get the message in game from the ISBoxer Addon. You can see who should be in each window again at any time by doing an Export to Inner Space with the game windows open.

If you would prefer to keep them in the order you're logging in, and tell ISBoxer to expect them in this order from now on, then in ISBoxer Toolkit under Character Sets in the top left pane, select yours. Then see the Slots in the bottom left, e.g. 1 with Bob and 2 with Alice (your Character names though, obviously...). All you have to do is DRAG a Character (tip: don't select it first, or you'll de-select the Character Set and this wont work) from the TOP LEFT PANE and drop it on the Slot number you want them to be in. Fix them to be where you want, then Export to Inner Space, re-launch your team and make sure you log them in THIS order (Note: the SAVED ACCOUNT INFO from the Slots switch as well, because each Character in ISBoxer keeps their own with them, so you're moving that saved account info to the other window as well.)

Finally, each Character in ISBoxer Toolkit can store the BATTLE.NET EMAIL and the WOW ACCOUNT NAME. If those are BOTH filled in for each Character, then an Export to Inner Space will offer to correct the saved account info for you, if you have logged in the wrong account in some windows.

Return to World of Warcraft