FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WOW crashes after your latest upgrade

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Nevering

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:39 pm

WOW crashes after your latest upgrade

Wow runs normally when run outside of ISboxer. Starting with ISBoxer gives a Wow64.exe crash . Yet on reopen it starts. I can logon, but all the Realm sites say incompatible.

I tried some of you debug stuff regarding Inner Space, but have no "Configuration window" that I can get to, nor is it on a right mouse of any of the icons

I am also getting this now after trying to get configuration on IS. Shell_NotifyIcon failed -- Err = 1008
<<

Nevering

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:43 pm

Re: WOW crashes after your latest upgrade

After a reboot of the computer , Wow now starts, but however all realms are red and incompatible. Starting Wow normally everything works fine.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Nevering wrote:After a reboot of the computer , Wow now starts, but however all realms are red and incompatible.

This means that the WoW executable you're using hasn't been updated. If you maintain multiple folders for the game, then the Launcher can only update the one which it's pointed at.
<<

Nevering

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:02 pm

I only run 2 copies off of one computer. The game updated itself today.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:19 pm

Nevering wrote:I only run 2 copies off of one computer. The game updated itself today.

Two copies of what? World of Warcraft? As in... two different folders of the game? If that's the case then you need to point the launcher at the other copy for it to update the install.

If that's not what you mean, and you're actually referring to two "characters," then you can also try doing a repair of the game install through the launcher, but ISBoxer doesn't affect the files of the game outside of the config.wtf file, which would never be the cause for incompatible realms. Other than a file not being properly updated, there is no other known cause for incompatible realms, and the issue can be found across numerous threads on the World of Warcraft forums stating the same thing.

If repairing the game doesn't work, then I'm not sure where to go from there if you don't have more than one game install.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:20 pm

I am also getting this now after trying to get configuration on IS. Shell_NotifyIcon failed -- Err = 1008

This is from having installed Inner Space multiple times to different location, and you're launching Inner Space from the new location. The shell notify icon is registered to the original install.

Nevering wrote:Wow runs normally when run outside of ISboxer. Starting with ISBoxer gives a Wow64.exe crash . Yet on reopen it starts. I can logon, but all the Realm sites say incompatible.

What kind of crash? Is it a WoW #132 error? These produce a debug log with details that would help us diagnose the issue.

Incompatible realms would be an indication that your WoW install needs to be corrected. So we've established you must have 2 different Inner Space installs... are you inadvertently using the "wrong" WoW with the "wrong" Inner Space?
<<

Nevering

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:20 pm

Only one copy of WOW on computer, mean two characters being used in a set

Wow doesn't need to be repaired , Ive been running single user outside ISBoxer for the last hour and it's good.

Yes, there were 2 IS's running.

Where is the log file stored ?
<<

Nevering

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:32 pm

Error 132 Fatal exception

Program C:\Program Files(x86)\..... wow-64.exe
Access violation

I'm pretty sure that what's going on is that I moved the game folder but left the old one for a bit. I haven't run ISboxer for awhile because of computer issues.

If I could figure out how to change the launch path I think I'd have it fixed. You have a page above this regarding some of this and mention getting to a Configuration window.
I can't seem to open anything in IS .. It's hidden .. the icon in tool bar only has 3 menu options like pin, close, and ...
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:35 pm

You can adjust the path in Inner Space via the Game Profile.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:36 pm

WoW error logs are stored in the World of Warcraft\Errors folder. There will be a txt and a dmp file for each crash, each file named by the date/time of the crash. Find the 2 files from your crash with ISBoxer and email them to me at lax@lavishsoft.com

If I could figure out how to change the launch path I think I'd have it fixed. You have a page above this regarding some of this and mention getting to a Configuration window.
I can't seem to open anything in IS .. It's hidden .. the icon in tool bar only has 3 menu options like pin, close, and ...

That is the standard taskbar icon which appears for all applications; Inner Space will hide that when its main window is minimized. The icon you need to right click is in the System Notifications Area, where you find like the volume icon, network status icon, system clock, etc. There is a "hidden icons" area with a little up triangle/arrow, if you click on that you may find the Inner Space icon there. You can drag it out of the hidden area to the main notifications area if you'd like it to not be hidden there anymore.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft