FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Stop movement/ cancel interact with target

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dm0x

Post Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:19 am

Stop movement/ cancel interact with target

So, I am currently using and attack macro which i can toggle on and off. However, if i dont toggle off prior to the enemy dying, often times my slaves will acquire new targets and take off halfway across the map to get it. What I don't understand is that spaming for them to follow me sometimes cancels the movement, but othertimes they'll turn to look at me and immediately spin back around until they reach their target. Sometime one will run into a wall because he cannot reach the new target he acquired, and i can stand next to him running into a wall and spam follow, and am completely ignored. Is there a drop all targets and stop moving macro to fix this?
<<

dm0x

Post Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:33 am

Re: Stop movement/ cancel interact with target

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjfAaui ... e=youtu.be

Video of what im talking about. Didnt stop my dps toggle early enough. So he took off to africa. I spammed for him to follow and he ignored me.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 am

This is from having auto-Interact with Target enabled on your DPS.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Interact_with_Target
When combined with Click to Move, Interact with Target will also cause your character to face and move toward your target; This is an important feature for multiboxing, since it means less manual movement when doing the above activities. Your character will automatically stop moving if the action is performed, but will not otherwise change direction or stop moving unless manually interrupted. Unfortunately, this limitation of the feature causes some undesirable side effects, especially in the cases where your target is moving, or your character otherwise slightly misses the target, because your character will continue running in that direction unless manually interrupted! Using the Interact with Target hotkey again will restart the process, where once again your character may stop moving or miss the target again, and this will continue as many times as you use the hotkey -- potentially making your character run circles around its target.

If your toon is already out of range of auto-following you, pressing it any number of times won't stop him from running away. You may find it useful to assign a Hotkey to "Others turn left" and/or "Others turn right" under the "ISB42 - Base Hotkeys" Key Map, which you can use to break auto-follow, the auto-run from IWT, etc.

Or, remove IWT from your DPS. If you've enabled that via the Quick Setup Wizard, then you can disable it as follows:
1. In the top left pane under Character Sets, select yours
2. In the bottom right pane, select the Virtual Mapped Keys tab
3. Find the line that says on the left-side "Auto-Interact with Target - Active Method in ISB42 - Party Key Map" (note: the one that says AUTO interact). To disable Auto-Interact on your Combat Broadcast Hotkeys, the right side of this should say it is now .. "<NO MAPPED KEY> in <NO KEY MAP>". So click the < on the right and de-select the Key Map and Mapped Key. (Pick the empty spot at the top of the list, in both..) Then click OK
4. Export to Inner Space

IWT on DPS is annoying enough that most people don't want it, except for PVP. PVE targets usually don't move around enough to make it worth it. In the end it is up to you of course.
<<

dm0x

Post Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:37 am

so Im using GSE for lazy macros at. Anyway to make the macro send /follow when combat is dropped in the case I dont stop the keyspam soon enough?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:42 am

dm0x wrote:so Im using GSE for lazy macros at. Anyway to make the macro send /follow when combat is dropped in the case I dont stop the keyspam soon enough?

I'd say check out the Jamba Addon for WoW. Auto-follow after combat is one of its features, and there are many other useful features as well.

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/jamba
<<

jabberie

Post Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:44 am

dm0x wrote:so Im using GSE for lazy macros at. Anyway to make the macro send /follow when combat is dropped in the case I dont stop the keyspam soon enough?

My main way to fix this used to be just using the "back" keybind I put on my mouse so when they start running around the mob, tap it to get them to stand still.

These days since I started a pally team, I went the other way, removed all IWT from my dps keys and left it only one button which is a melee range hit.
Just tap that when i need them to move up.
They still do a runner from time to time but not half as much as before.

Return to World of Warcraft