FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Strange Keymap Problems / Looting on Toons

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Kroyn

Post Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:23 am

Strange Keymap Problems / Looting on Toons

I hope our professionals can help me out here :)

i got some strange keymap issues

1) since i started on a new realm with new bnet account my JUMP wont work anymore. i added it to always on but it doesnt work anymore. Maybe u cant take a loot into my config. http://pastebin.com/kEV8zd42

2) on login screen i worked with the disable keymaps way. but since the update to 4.2 this doenst work anymore. cuz some keys are given to the other windows 2x even if the keymaps are disbled. for example if i enter 1234 into main window it broadcasts 12344 to the rest.

Where do i have to put my keys in to get this working again?

3) in addition i have a problem i got since ages. i had a workaround for it but maybe u guys have a better idea
if u loot a corps with ur toons (eg. Quest items on boss kills) looting gets stuck sometimes. some toons cant loot the item cuz wow has ap roblem if multiple chars. my workaround was :

hit "interact with target" -> toons go loot
some get stuck -> press JUMP -> looting aborted
hit "interact with target" -> toons go loot again

this i had to do 2-4 times to get every toon the loot.

how do u guys solve this problem?

i hope the problem is a lil one and u can help me out.

Thanks in advance!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:03 pm

Re: Strange Keymap Problems / Looting on Toons

Kroyn wrote:1) since i started on a new realm with new bnet account my JUMP wont work anymore. i added it to always on but it doesnt work anymore.

You have Space, as well as several other sets of keys bound as Hotkeys in multiple Mapped Keys across several Key Maps. I would suggest only assigning keys or buttons to one active Mapped Key at a time, rather than several. As for your jump MKs specifically... Movement keys, such as jumping, require the Hold option to be enabled. On one of your Mapped Keys it is, and on the other it isn't. ISBoxer is most likely confused by all of the conflicting information it has been given.

Kroyn wrote:2) on login screen i worked with the disable keymaps way. but since the update to 4.2 this doenst work anymore. cuz some keys are given to the other windows 2x even if the keymaps are disbled. for example if i enter 1234 into main window it broadcasts 12344 to the rest.

As stated above, you have 1 through 0 of your number row bound four different times in three different Key Maps: once in Combat Broadcast Hotkeys (where they should be), once in Combat Broadcast, and twice in Always On (neither of which get disabled). The "Always On" Key Map is labeled that because it is always enabled, and is not be disabled when you toggle off Key Maps. So, if you put Mapped Keys in Always On, they're never going to be shut off, which is exactly why keys are still being sent with KMs toggled off—this did not change in ISBoxer 42.

Kroyn wrote:Where do i have to put my keys in to get this working again?

You can either remove all of your custom Mapped Keys from both Always On and Combat Broadcast, or you can clear your profile and start fresh (File > Clear), but after that you should keep everything in KMs such as Combat Broadcast Hotkeys or Custom Hotkeys

If you're noticing a trend of naming within the Key Maps, each of them with the word "Hotkeys" in their name is where you should be placing any custom Mapped Keys since those are the ones which get toggled off. You can also look at the description for each Key Map, and it will give a brief explanation for what they're used for. An example from the Always On Key Map:

This Key Map is to contain only Hotkeys that should never be toggled OFF. By default, this includes overall control mechanisms, such as toggling Broadcasting Mode, or toggling other Hotkeys.

I also have a video showing how to set these things up - https://youtu.be/5p68g9A46Rw?t=10m26s

Kroyn wrote:3) in addition i have a problem i got since ages. i had a workaround for it but maybe u guys have a better idea
if u loot a corps with ur toons (eg. Quest items on boss kills) looting gets stuck sometimes. some toons cant loot the item cuz wow has ap roblem if multiple chars. my workaround was :

hit "interact with target" -> toons go loot
some get stuck -> press JUMP -> looting aborted
hit "interact with target" -> toons go loot again

this i had to do 2-4 times to get every toon the loot.

how do u guys solve this problem?

You can either use your method, my method, other peoples' methods, or the add-on JAMBA.

Return to World of Warcraft