FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Autoassist doenst work since update

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Kroyn

Post Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:43 am

Autoassist doenst work since update

Hi folks. i used isb 4.1 for ages and was totally happy with my config. now i ha to upgrade to 4.2 and i noticed most of the keymaps area is different. and here comes my problem:

i tired for a week by now to get my system running again. i struggeled like 2 days to get follow working again- now its working.
i used the quick wizard to setup my charsets, i entered some new keymaps into always on (they work), my interact with target works.

but autoassist doesnt work at all. i m freakin out soon.
can u pls tell me what i did wrong or where i messed up ?

under base hotkeys i set alt A as assit me - since then the notice "assit me: no assist method active" disappered but nevertheless none of the toons is assisting my main window even if i press ALT A.

i tried watching the howto videos but sadly the video for spec. assist is in isb 4.1 and the maps marai is speeking of there are totally different now. i would love to get a step by step explaination where to set wich key in the new config.

thanks in advance!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:52 am

Re: Autoassist doenst work since update

The Assist Me setup uses virtualisation, which the Quick Setup Wizard should have configured for you based on the options used when you created the team. If you created a character set manually however then it will be missing a bunch of stuff.

As a general rule, the default WoW setup for Virtual Key Maps should look like the following. If yours does not, set it this way.

If in doubt, link your profile.
Last edited by bob on Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:54 am

bob beat me to posting, but ..

The absolute easiest way to solve the problem is as follows...
1. Back up what you currently have, using File, Save As. Save it as something else.
2. Go to File and select Clear
3. Use the Quick Setup Wizard.

Auto-Follow and Auto-Assist will work by default with no struggling for like 2 days. Interact will work by filling in the Hotkey (you want to press to make everyone IWT) and Game Key Binding (for any of your toons to IWT, as configured in the game's Key Bindings screen) on the last page of the Quick Setup Wizard. Auto-Interact when you use 1-= is also available by ticking a box.

If you would like us to help you with your configuration -- what you did wrong or messed up -- we just need to see it. See http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
<<

Kroyn

Post Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:43 am

so i tried both of ur workarounds : no change. i used the quick qizards for years now (v4.1) . this is the first time somethings not working

here is my config
http://pastebin.com/vUGfAZp4

sure since i used the clear all keymaps are gone by now - i added some of em new. normally i just added every button i use to wow always on (in v 4.1) and this worked like a charme.

so i posted my buttons under alway on in 4.2 too again. everony works. if i hit enter on a toon and press button on main they are all broadcastet.

autoassist still doenst work
interact with target again doesnt work now too (keybind in wow is setup correctly - addon is enabled)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:53 am

autoassist still doenst work

You appear to have un-ticked the box during the Quick Setup Wizard that would add auto-assist to your 1 through = buttons.

To fix this, select your Character Set in the top left pane (under Character Sets), then in the bottom right pane select the "Virtual Mapped Keys" tab (as pictured by bob). Currently, manual follow and assist via Alt+F and Alt+A are configured. However, AUTO-assist (as in when you press 1 through =) is NOT set up. Where it says "Auto-Assist Me - Active Method in ISB42 - Party Key Map" is now "<NO MAPPED KEY> in <NO KEY MAP>", click the "<" on the right side. Select the "ISB42 - Party Key Map" in the top drop-down, and "Assist Me (WoW Macro)" in the bottom one and click OK. This will match what it has for the "Assist Me - Active Method in ISB42 - Party Key Map" at the bottom (which is the manual one).

interact with target again doesnt work now too (keybind in wow is setup correctly - addon is enabled)

You configured a Hotkey Alt+G in ISBoxer, but did not tell ISBoxer what key is configured in the game (the Game Key Binding as I described). To fix this, select Variable Keystrokes in the top left pane, then select "Interact with Target" in the bottom left pane. Now to the right, set the "Default Key Combination" to match what is configured in the game. It is blank in the config you pasted
<<

Kroyn

Post Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Thanks. trying both out

i didnt uncheck it accidentally - i did it on purpose snince in bobs post he said i should change it to what his screenshot is showing. and there i removed it cuz his screenshot showed it ;) nevertheless there was a different entry than wow Makro.

but to get to the point:

it works again! Thanks alot!

Now back to mythic dungeons ;)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:10 pm

Sorry about that. Comes from editing configs... I'll just update that screen shot.

Return to World of Warcraft