FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unplayable low FPS

Moderator: MiRai

<<

griffinxo

Post Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:26 pm

Unplayable low FPS

So my problem is on my lv 100+ 5 man team I have really low FPS on some screen any where from 1 fps to 5. My main screen starts of in the 60s but as I switch to other screen to lower video quality to inprove fps my main screen begins to drop to about 15 to 22 fps. Slave slots running at 1 to 7 fps have major follow and combat issues due to them being so many frames behind. other 5 man teams I have created still play fine in the 60 fps for main and 30 fps for slave slots. I have ran cpu wizard and tried every default configuration. I have adjusted every toons graphics quality to match. The only thing I think I may have done to create such a drastic drop in fps is I did bring a toon from another team over as well as dropped a toon from team to add another toon not from a team at all.
Thank in advance!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:55 pm

Re: Unplayable low FPS

Have you looked at what your hardware is doing? We normally point people to this page for that: http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_you ... ottlenecks

I don't think Open Hardware Monitor shows VRAM, so I'd recommend HWiNFO, but HWiNFO is more difficult to use, so... /shrug

griffinxo wrote:I have adjusted every toons graphics quality to match.

Including anti-aliasing? If you're relying solely on the slider to change video settings, then AA is not affected by the slider.
<<

griffinxo

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:02 am

Should my AA be set to none or match my global settings of my GTX 970?
<<

griffinxo

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:15 am

So turning AA to none on all toons worked like a charm. Thanks for the insight and before I broke my game lol
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:48 am

Glad you got it fixed, but I just wanted to comment on this...

griffinxo wrote:Should my AA be set to none or match my global settings of my GTX 970?

Unless you're familiar with what you're doing, then there's very little reason to adjust any per-game settings in the nVidia Control Panel, since you can easily cause more harm than good.

Return to World of Warcraft