FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What is your preferred method of handling GTAOE?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ravenkiller001

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:42 pm

What is your preferred method of handling GTAOE?

So i am using 42, and i have recently been playing with a DK and Shammy.

The shammy dumps her Ground target AOE 'Rainfall' so randomly (if at all)

I have taken to switching screens.. which is slow and kind of makes (all others) turn to face the active slot. (yes i have strobe set to fire off the script when i switch slots)

now I want to use the DK and the 'Death and Decay' GTAOE attack.

so my way works but is clunky.. how do you all do it?
<<

jabberie

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: What is your preferred method of handling GTAOE?

using this?

Code:
/cast [@player] Death and Decay
<<

Ravenkiller001

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:10 pm

OMG so simple.. HAHA
<<

jabberie

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:15 pm

don't worry. it's new.

@player and @cursor was added this expansion.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:21 pm

That is new to WoW this year, and a great solution :)

If you actually do want to do the targeting for some spell like this (i.e. not right on top of you), ISBoxer has a solution for you built into the Mapped Key Wizard. Here's what you can do to set it up:
1. In the Wizards menu select Mapped Key Wizard
2. It asks what Key Map to put your new key(s) in, select "ISB42 - Custom Hotkeys" (if your ISBoxer 42 install is older and you do not have ISB42 - Custom Hotkeys, you can choose Base Hotkeys or Combat Broadcast Hotkeys)
3. For the type of Mapped Key to set up, select "Straight Key Broadcast plus Click". This will let you start the spell cast by pressing the Hotkey, and it will turn on Mouse Broadcasting to the character(s) casting the spell, until you click.
4. Now it asks for the key to press, the Target, etc.
4a. Let's start with the Key, press the key in the "press any key here" box that initiates the spell.
4b. It also needs the Target(s) for the spell. In this drop-down, you want to select the Character(s) to cast it. If you have 4 that need to cast it, you might want to set up an Action Target Group first (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Action_Target_Group). You can also choose the Round-robin option if you want only one Character at a time to cast the spell!
4c. The Hold option does not need to be ticked for this type of key -- however if you are later making something that requires pressing a movement key (including jump) pay attention to that option :)
4d. Choose whether to activate on press or release. By default it's set to released, but if you like it on pressed instead, ... well that's up to you here.
5. Click Finish, and then make sure to Export to Inner Space if this is 100% what you want

Now a couple notes...
If your Hotkey is one of 1 through =, these are mapped by default, and you may want to either adjust the already existing Hotkey, or adjust the Hotkey on this new mapping. Otherwise, the behavior might not be quite as you wanted, since both might be activating when you press the Hotkey. The default Hotkey for 1 through = are in "ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys", and you can change the Hotkey option on any of them. Or change the Hotkey on the new one. I personally find it convenient a lot of times to leave the original Hotkey, but set up my new, different version as like an Alt or Shift or Ctrl-modified Hotkey. So my 4 might do the usual thing, but Alt+4 might do a round-robin or such.

Some things to think about. :)

Return to World of Warcraft