FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow, assist issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ruinit

Post Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:12 pm

Follow, assist issue

Hi, first just started the trial and followed the instructions, starting with a 2 man team just to try got it going but I have 2 issues and I don't understand how to make it work.

not sure why I have to go to second toon to make alt+f follow? The toon seems to run oppisite direction of me and assist won't move close enough to target to attack and will not assist?

Do I have to make follow each time? Toon keeps wandering off.

Sorry I have key maps on and broadcasting on. Addon is enabled on both toons. I used wizard and set up basic.

Thank in advance
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:25 pm

Re: Follow, assist issue

This stuff is covered in the Quick Start Guides..

TL;DR - Disable Broadcasting. Yep you need to hit ALT+F when you do in game actions that break follow.

Quick Start Guide wrote:Understanding Key Maps vs Repeater

First, Key Maps are intended to generally be on, and Repeater is intended to generally be off.

Key Maps are powered by various Hotkeys, which when activated do something that you specifically want, like /assist and cast a spell. The only time Key Maps need to be off is if you intend to use those Hotkeys for other things instead, like to type in your password, or chat in the game.

Repeater is a simple broadcast of exactly the buttons you push, and the way you move your mouse. The only time Repeater needs to be on is if you intend for every button you push and every movement of your mouse to be broadcast to the other windows, like to type in your password on all windows at once, or accept or complete a quest, and so on. It is possible to use Repeater more generally by assigning a white or black list, but this is not recommended –- a Key Map can instead be created with all of the keys and key combinations needed, using the Mapped Key Wizard (see "Quickly add many hotkeys, optionally with auto-assist" section below).

With that in mind, let's go.

Beginning Gameplay

So you're in game. What now? Start by hitting the Invite hotkey, Shift+Alt+I. If this doesn't invite all of your other toons, then the ISBoxer Addon is probably disabled – enable it on all Characters from the Character Selection screen.

Depending on your other Addons, you may need to manually accept the invite on all of your toons:
1.Turn Repeater on
2.Watch the mouse cursor in one of the inactive windows
3.Click the Accept button on all windows at the same time
4.Turn Repeater off

Make your other toons follow you by pressing Alt+F.

Go kill something to see that the auto-assisting Action Bar hotkeys (1 through =) are set up to auto-assist and broadcast. Clicking the buttons in the game with your mouse will not auto-assist, unless you are using the ISBoxer overlay.
<<

alexliquid74

Post Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:09 pm

I'm having the same exact issue ruinit... i reread the quick guide like three times but it still doesn't explain why on my main character the follow and assist dont work but if I go to the secondary character the follow and assists works one time and then it stops working... it is driving me crazy.

I also hit alt f after different actions but it still will not work on main character. The secondary character will not follow main, and the assist function does not work at all... I really want to subscribe to the software but I need to know how it truely works before I do... Glad to see i'm not the only one having this issue and i'm just not going crazy.lol

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:29 pm

alexliquid74 wrote:I'm having the same exact issue ruinit... i reread the quick guide like three times but it still doesn't explain why on my main character the follow and assist dont work but if I go to the secondary character the follow and assists works one time and then it stops working... it is driving me crazy.

I also hit alt f after different actions but it still will not work on main character. The secondary character will not follow main, and the assist function does not work at all...

Normally we point people to the Quicker Start Guide:

http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quicker_Sta ... t_disabled

Start from step 3, and move from step to step ensuring that it is working 100% before moving to the next. My guess is that you either don't have the add-on enabled on all of your characters, or you need to reset you key bindings on each of them (the ISBoxer add-on reports conflicting key binds in the chat window when you log into the game world, or after a /reload).

Return to World of Warcraft