FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Melee IWT + CTM Slave runaway issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

scotv453

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:17 pm

Melee IWT + CTM Slave runaway issue

I was reading Uluaa's guide. Sorry for spelling. Anyways, I got it working for my pally team. I used crusader strike as one of the keys that uses this ctm+iwt combo.

It works for the most part. But sometimes the slave will run off continuously, until I focus that slave window and use one of my movement keys to make him stop. If I am not fast enough, like in a dungeon with others, this can cause aggro problems. I also had a moment where he ran off into the lava in ragefire chasm and died. Very fustrating. So I was wondering is it my binding to crusader strike? Maybe a timing issue? Maybe don't spam the key? It has the pressed OR release option, so maybe put a wait time in my actions of pressing the button instead of spamming it (spamming is a habbit of mines)?

Basically I understand what it does, but don't know how it actually ticks. Hence why I can't figure out why it only happens on occasions.

Again here is my updated settings: http://www.privatepaste.com/540db1b873

Note please disregard some of the paladins ftl dps keys. I only copied from the fire mage one and didn't change much since I don't have many moves yet. The keybind for crusader strike is Q so that is what it should be in ftl dps keys - paladin. Mental note to clean it up when i wake up. Kinda sleepy.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:36 pm

Re: Melee IWT + CTM Slave runaway issue

<<

scotv453

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:10 pm

I am doing what Ualaa has. That is my exact setup. But am I interpreting the post above it wrong? What I am getting out of it is: If I use iwt on a moving target then the slave will run to the spot iwt was pressed and causing him to stop at that spot?

My problem is more like he won't stop running. Again I had a bad run where they wanted to kick me. My slave in deadmines ran way into the water and just kept going. I just watched him, and he hit a wall and still running. What are the pros using to stop this? I may have to go searching cause I am sure it is not suppose to happen as often as it is. Its like I am scared to turn on melee iwt toggle in a dungeon. so then I am forced to play on both screens and adjusting. I been doing the "run master past mob turn around then attack" and it works for that mob. But what about other mobs that show up? How are you accomplishing this. Do you again, "put slave on follow, run master past mob, and turn around to attack" method? When I have that toggle off, then I loose the ability of both screen auto turning to face the mob and attack. I would be fine without the ctm as i am fine approaching the target, but I want the ability to turn and not have that "facing the wrong way message". Should I make a didicated key for the itw+ctm without attacking it to a move that I spam?
Last edited by scotv453 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

pontus_lundh

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:23 am

I'm running a paladin team as well, with CTM/IWT on my Crusader Strike.

I use both the "run-past-and-turn" tactic and IWT function.
I usually run up with my slaves on follow, since when I initially aggro the mob/mobs they'll probably do so from a distance and run towards me a few yards before stopping.
Because of that using IWT won't work as my slaves will run slightly past the mob.
So using the turn tactic works fine for the first mob, then if you still have mobs beating on you/the tank. That's when I start using IWT to it's full potential.
They won't run away from spamming IWT if the mobs are within melee range, but if they're only 10-20 yards away or more but standing still AKA being tanked. Then I will just click Crusader Strike and they'll walk up to the mob just fine.

Also, I don't know if you're already using it. But the "Auto-follow after combat" function in Jamba is amazing for melee boxing.

TLDR - If mobs are stationary aka being tanked then you can tap IWT to approach them and once they reach melee just spam it.
If the mobs are still walking around freely just use the "run-past-and-turn" tactic (usually before combat has started)
And if mobs are running (which humanoids usually do) or perhaps a player is running away in PvP. Then It will be a good idea to mash IWT into oblivion in order to keep up.

Oh and I also forgot, if your slaves run away like we all know they do sometimes. Just hit follow which is ALT+F by default and they'll come right back to you. And since you're most likely standing right next to the mob/mobs you'll be able to start mashing buttons pretty quickly again.

Just woke up - so that's my excuse for typos ;P
<<

scotv453

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:34 am

Ok so a combination of both is good. I think it was because I was spamming the iwt+ctm before I even got to the character. I just may have to change my iwt toggle key to an easier key then. My follow key is all right at this time. I def looking for that auto follow after combat. I have no idea where to look, but will find out now. I guess my problem is more of an experience thing rather then a software config problem. I will work on that :)
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:43 am

Auto follow, after combat... is a Jamba feature.
Part of the strobe follow stuff, I believe.

Strobe might be working fine now.
But for a time it had errors.
And I just adjusted my play, to normal follow which I break with combat.

And then made a new mapped key, for FTL follow (which is just Do Mapped Key - FTL Follow - Target: Current Window).
But it has a mouse thumb button as the hotkey to activate.
It took a couple of hours to learn it, but now it is automatic.

Whatever ends up working best for you.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to World of Warcraft