FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

2nd Client on IS boxer falls 2-3 seconds behind

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Chichinn

Post Mon May 11, 2015 4:56 pm

2nd Client on IS boxer falls 2-3 seconds behind

I don't know why. The client is at 30 fps and it was fine before. I copied my wtf folder over to my second account because I made some addon changes and now what ever client is being the second want. Whethere I've switched to the second client or I'm on my master. the follow is behind about 2-3 seconds
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon May 11, 2015 5:23 pm

Re: 2nd Client on IS boxer falls 2-3 seconds behind

It sounds like you're describing latency... which is perfectly normal and is only a visual delay. The only way that you can reduce the apparent follow distance of a character is to decrease the latency between them, but even then whatever is happening on the server, which is completely out of your control, can easily affect things visually.

Here's part of a video describing what I'm talking about and what I assume you're talking about - https://youtu.be/gkH06UNWFY0?t=20s
<<

Chichinn

Post Tue May 12, 2015 2:11 am

I would pass this off as normal latency if It hadn't be much better before. and also now. When I target something on my master and start attacking it my slave no longer targets it aswell. I have to manually hit alt-a
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue May 12, 2015 2:50 am

Chichinn wrote:I would pass this off as normal latency if It hadn't be much better before.

Well, latency fluctuates at all times regardless of what the UI shows in game. Unless you have a better description, or someone else can read more into your current description, I'm not sure what else to say.

Chichinn wrote:and also now. When I target something on my master and start attacking it my slave no longer targets it aswell. I have to manually hit alt-a

This is a question for a new thread. Please do not create a mega-thread with several unrelated questions. Regardless, no one can answer this question without more specifics (like the keys you're pressing) and seeing your profile.

Return to World of Warcraft