FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

isboxer addon feature request

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hpavc

Post Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:24 pm

isboxer addon feature request

Hello again,

I would like to request that the isboxer addon expose more information into the wow environment through the addon, similar to what it does for jamba teams ... but more so.

1, character set name
2, characters (name, actual, account, subaccount])
3, window layout name (the name and character slot array)
3, menu names enabled for this characterset
4, action target group array for characters

I was toying with large amounts of maintaining with ...

/hpavc targetgroup clear
!if (character is in "ROLE_DPS") /hpavc targetgroup add ROLE_DPS
!if (character is in "ROLE_HEALER") /hpavc targetgroup add ROLE_HEALER
!if (character is in "ROLE_TANK") /hpavc targetgroup add ROLE_TANK
!if (character is in "Class_Warlock_Destruction") /hpavc targetgroup add Class_Warlock_Destruction

.. but now i am really looking forward to some exposure to the character set information like window layout and menu names. Currently i take the isboxer xml and parse it into a static table hash for and addon lua.

Besides allowing people to tag characters like jamba does/did, this allows authors to tune addons outside of macros.

A number of things aren't hat great with the JIT macro assigns in a huge 'setup enviroment' macro

Thanks again for !rem commenting
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:01 pm

Re: isboxer addon feature request

I'm not clear on what use most of your requests have -- why is it useful to add these things to the WoW Addon? What good are the Window Layout, Menu and ATG names to the WoW Addon? As far as Character Set and the current Character, isboxer.CharacterSet and isboxer.Character are defined for the ISBoxer Addon.

I was toying with large amounts of maintaining with ...

/hpavc targetgroup clear
!if (character is in "ROLE_DPS") /hpavc targetgroup add ROLE_DPS
!if (character is in "ROLE_HEALER") /hpavc targetgroup add ROLE_HEALER
!if (character is in "ROLE_TANK") /hpavc targetgroup add ROLE_TANK
!if (character is in "Class_Warlock_Destruction") /hpavc targetgroup add Class_Warlock_Destruction

What if your character is dual spec? If you change specs on the fly, this hardcoded macro information is wrong. (character is in "Class_Warlock_Destruction") depends on the state of the ATG at the time of Exporting to Inner Space. So if you switched a paladin from ret to prot, or warlock from dest to affliction, or whatever, now your large amounts of toying is broken instead of helpful...?

I just don't see it being useful for others, so to me, parsing the xml actually sounds like a good solution for you in this case. I'm open to being convinced, but what you're up against development time wise right now is maintenance/bug fixes and ISBoxer 2 :)
<<

hpavc

Post Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:18 pm

Re: isboxer addon feature request

Sure,

I see your point about the dependency of the export.

I will work on a better justification for the window layout string and menu names.

Thanks!

Return to World of Warcraft