FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Better way to force 32-bit client loading?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Prostak

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:51 pm

Better way to force 32-bit client loading?

The biggest nuisance I am currently having with ISBoxer is that it launches 64-bit WoW Client if it is present in the WoW directory. One needs to remove it to get 32-bit launch.
Usually it is Ok, but now WoW is in constant updates and WoW-64.exe is constantly reappearing. When it happens, I need to shutdown my 5 clients, delete the 64-bit version and re-launch 5 clients.

I would greatly appreciate it if there was a way to force ISBoxer to launch 32-bit WoW even if 64-bit WoW is present.

Thank you in advance.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Better way to force 32-bit client loading?

A search of these very forums using the search box at the top right there provides this post. viewtopic.php?p=26051#p26051

Google was actually harder to locate an answer, but this was in the first listed link. It required more scanning to get to it though.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... ?page=2#34
<<

Prostak

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:55 pm

bob wrote:A search of these very forums using the search box at the top right there provides this post. viewtopic.php?p=26051#p26051

Google was actually harder to locate an answer, but this was in the first listed link. It required more scanning to get to it though.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... ?page=2#34

I am very glad to have such a polite answer even despite the fact that I am the paying, even the recurrently paying, customer.
Unfortunately I, being too dumb, can't extract much help from your links.
First link refers to the editing of the game profile, in these words:
"To find the Game Profile configuration screen Right click Inner Space and select Configuration".

But the link does not explain where I can find this "Inner Space" that I can right click.

Next, it refers to the possibility to rename or delete WoW-64.exe. But this is exactly that I stated that I want to avoid, since this procedure: constant deleting of WoW-64.exe when WoW is constantly updating is currently the biggest burden when using ISBoxer. You do not even need to Google to see that: it's right in my post. OK, strike that. Still, problem not solved.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:06 pm

Prostak wrote:First link refers to the editing of the game profile, in these words:
"To find the Game Profile configuration screen Right click Inner Space and select Configuration".

But the link does not explain where I can find this "Inner Space" that I can right click.

When Inner Space is running it's in your system tray -- The same place where you launch your Character Sets from or do any other Inner Space related matters.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:11 pm

Just so we are clear, I'm a recurrent paying customer too, and I am spending some of my free time helping others help themselves. The green color just means I can edit the WIKI http://isboxer.com/wiki/Main_Page, not that I am support/admin/nice.
My comment may have been offhand and offended you, which was not the intention. More to draw your notice to the search function were you can find answers to some of your issues as it is unlikely that you are the first. If you think you are the first, then post away. If you are not, then it is likely you will be redirected to a prior post or two.

As for the Innerspace icon. It is the red crosshair looking thing that is in your system tray, by the clock, at the end of the Windows taskbar. It may be hidden so you may have to click on a little up arrow looking thing there. It is one of the recommend ways to launch your Character Set in the quick start guides. Innerspace is the thing you are actually paying for.

Relevant info is:
Add the -noautolaunch64bit to the Main executable parameters for your game profile. The game profile you want to add this to is the one that your characters are using. You can find this out by selecting one of your characters under the character node at the top of the screen, and looking at the Game Profile drop down. Hopefully the profile you are using is also using the Main executable filename of wow.exe or maybe World Of Warcraft Launcher.exe. I assume that the Battle.Net is a bad choice for forcing 32bit.

To edit the game profile, follow the instructions at http://isboxer.com/wiki/Game_Profile

Return to World of Warcraft