FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Changing action bars/ leader follows slave

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Cyclone Duke

Post Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:22 pm

Changing action bars/ leader follows slave

Hello!
I multiboxed 5 shamans to 70 and 5 hunters to 85 a long time ago. I'm testing the software again now, and I see there's been a lot of changes.

I have 2 main issues:
- Main character sometimes get stuck trying to follow a slave character now and then.
When this happens, as I walk around playing the main character they will occasionally spin around to try and /follow a slave. Most likely caused by alt-tabbing to a slave character window briefly. When this happens the slaves continue to follow the main, it's just that the main keeps being triggered to follow a slave.

- Bigger problem - I can't use shift+1/2/3/4/5 to change my actionbars.
I can't play without using this setup, I have keys I need to frequently press on actionbars 1-4, and use shift +X to change between them.
My main will change action bars no problem, but the slaves won't.
I expect this is because shift is one of the FTL modifiers.
On a side note, I don't ever use any of the pre-set hotkeys (I don't use shift for anything else in-game) and the only binding I use alt for is to disable/enable broadcasting and to command slaves to follow.

My configuration file is attached.

Absolutely love Isboxer, it's very hard for me to configure it to work with my normal keybindings but it's worth it :)
Thanks for any support.
Attachments
Duke.xml
(366.88 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:48 pm

Re: Changing action bars/ leader follows slave

I don't know about the follow so I'm guessing you are using JAMBA. It may be that the JambaMaster mapped key is not running when you ALT+TAB, but it should be whenever a window is focussed. Also JAMBA has a few outstanding bugs since WOD. If you are using the ISBoxer follow, it should be working provided you don't have funny binds on F11 with CTRL/SHIFT.

The SHIFT+x mapped keys you have created are not assigned to any character sets. This means they are not in use. The ones that are there also run the Assist FTL first, which they probably shouldn't do, so I'd forget about them anyway. So, as you have no Mapped Keys assigned to SHIFT+x this means that this will be passed through to the current window, so it wont change the slaves. You need straight broadcast Mapped Keys on SHIFT+x that are sent to Window: ALL w/Current for it to work on all windows. The FTL modifiers shouldn't affect it.

Whether you use Pre-Set hotkeys or not is of no consequence, this just means you need to ensure that the ISBoxer defaults for functions match your in-game binds.
<<

Cyclone Duke

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:25 pm

Thanks for the reply! I understand the reasoning why it won't work, but I don't know how to fix it.

"You need straight broadcast Mapped Keys on SHIFT+x that are sent to Window: ALL w/Current for it to work on all windows. The FTL modifiers shouldn't affect it."

Would I be able to get an explanation on how to do this?
<<

bob

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:55 pm

So, because you MIGHT what to use SHIFT+1, 2, 3,4 5, etc when typing, you will normally use the Mapped Key Wizard to generate Straight Broadcasts of SHIFT+1, 2,3 ,4, 5, in the non-combat key map (the classification is not mandatory, but don't put them in ALWAYS ON), and set the Target to Window: All w/current (i.e. ALL ISBoxer windows, i.e. games launched).

So.

Step 1. Wizard menu at the top
Step 2. Mapped Key Wizard
Step 3. Non-Combat in the drop down
Step 4. Straight Key Broadcast
Step 5. Click with mouse pointer in the -Press a key combination here box-
Step 6. SHIFT+1, SHIFT+2, SHIFT+3, SHIFT+4, SHIFT+5
Step 7. Make sure "Target for keystrokes" box is set to "Window: All w/Current"
Step 8. Finish
Step 9. File -> Export All to Innerspace
<<

Cyclone Duke

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:35 pm

Thanks very much for your effort!
I tend to disable all broadcasting though when I want to type/chat (coz I hit Q and E and F which are all standalone keybinds for spells). So it doesn't need to be set up to allow typing with broadcasting on :)
<<

bob

Post Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:43 pm

No, but it needs to be setup so when you disable Key Maps, that the mapped keys are disabled and don't do weird shit on all clients. Because that would be just friggen annoying!!.

So ALWAYS ON are mapped keys which are..... ALWAYS ON... i.e. regardless of whether Broadcast or Key Maps are enabled or disabled, they still function. Mapped Keys actually trump general broadcasting in case you were wondering. Even if you disable broadcasting, a Mapped Key which broadcasts to all clients will still do so. The point of this is because you normally will play an MMO like WOW with broadcasting disabled and control it all via Mapped Keys which send data to 1 or more game clients. Sometimes different so each client actually ends up performing a different action for the 1 key press.

The other default key maps groups are controlled by the Key Map enable/disable. If you create new key map groups you do need to add them into the "Activate Maps" mapped key in the .... ALWAYS ON key map, so they will enable/disable with the other key maps.

Return to World of Warcraft