FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Windowed mode, in game text looks ugly. [SOLVED]

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Skarling

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:03 pm

Re: Windowed mode, in game text looks ugly. [SOLVED]

MiRai wrote:when multiboxing multiple clients on a single PC and using ISBoxer the display mode is game dependent and my answer to Jafula was based solely on World of Warcraft from a multi-client standpoint.

All I am saying is you responded to Jafula in a way that was not factually correct. WoW can be boxed in full-screen. Fact. Other games may crash, but WoW is quite stable. I know who Jafula is too (/respect).
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:27 am

Skarling wrote:
MiRai wrote:when multiboxing multiple clients on a single PC and using ISBoxer the display mode is game dependent and my answer to Jafula was based solely on World of Warcraft from a multi-client standpoint.

All I am saying is you responded to Jafula in a way that was not factually correct. WoW can be boxed in full-screen. Fact. Other games may crash, but WoW is quite stable. I know who Jafula is too (/respect).

Nobody said that WoW couldn't be multiboxed in true fullscreen mode, but it seems that you changed what the actual question was.

Skarling wrote:
Jafula wrote:Another question. Does ISBoxer need WoW to be in Windowed mode?

That was the question.

That wasn't the question.

Jafula wrote:Another question. Does ISBoxer need WoW to be in Windowed mode? Can I use Windowed (Fullscreen)?

The question was:

"Does WoW need to be in Windowed mode or can I use Windowed (Fullscreen)?

To which I answered:
MiRai wrote:Either display mode should yield the same results

Jafula didn't ask about true fullscreen which you seem to be referring to -- He asked which of the two "windowed" modes he should be using while multiboxing World of Warcraft. I gave him an answer saying that either mode should work just fine since World of Warcraft isn't a picky game -- End of thread. There was no talk about true fullscreen mode at all until you brought it up, so I have no idea where my answer to him was not factually correct.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:37 am

Allow me...

WoW can be boxed in full-screen. Fact.

If you're saying MiRai was incorrect (which he wasn't...), then what I've just quoted is False.

Games cannot be multiboxed in true Fullscreen mode.

For any game in fullscreen mode, ISBoxer must (this is required, not optional) force the game to actually be in windowed mode. This is because, by design, you cannot launch more than one 3D app at a time in fullscreen mode -- it is an exclusive mode and attempting to launch a second fullscreen game will fail.

When ISBoxer does forces the game into windowed mode, the game is still allowed to believe that it is in fullscreen mode -- ISBoxer doesn't typically reconfigure the game for this, it is just overriding the fullscreen/windowed mode for Direct3D. When a game believes it is in fullscreen mode, it may exhibit different behaviors than in windowed mode -- such as mouse capabilities and positioning, window size and rendering resolution, performance, and so on. This is why we often suggest trying a different mode setting -- all 3 modes can have different behaviors depending on the game's design!

Well, 'cause it is essentially the same mode, lol. Windowed is windowed, even if it is full-screen-windowed.

Still windowed, but may exhibit different behavior.
Previous

Return to World of Warcraft