FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Windowed mode, in game text looks ugly. [SOLVED]

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Jafula

Post Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:12 pm

Windowed mode, in game text looks ugly. [SOLVED]

If I run with gfx settings of windowed (either version) as ISBoxer prefers, the text in game looks ugly, like it is has a faint shadow. The rest of the graphics don't look so good either. Setting to full screen and the problem goes away.

Having said that, the text I am typing now into this textbox in Chrome looks a bit off as well. Has anyone had this issue before? I'm running Windows 7 64bit, Nvidia and have latest drivers and windows updates.
Last edited by Jafula on Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:52 pm

Re: Windowed mode, in game text looks ugly.

ClearType settings usually do that.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:00 pm

If for some reason your resolution in game is different than what your ISBoxer Window Layout wants to use and ISBoxer can't/isn't forcing the resolution to what it should be, then that could be a possibility; but that's obviously not going to affect Chrome.

Also, this tends to be an issue in D3 at times and you can try toggling between Windowed and Windowed (Fullscreen) w/o logging out to see if anything changes.
<<

Jafula

Post Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:52 pm

Thanks MiRai, sorted it by toggling Windowed and then Windowed Fullscreen. I have ClearType turned on now. I think my issue is more the font used in this forum than the rendering.
<<

Jafula

Post Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:22 pm

Re: Windowed mode, in game text looks ugly. [SOLVED]

Another question. Does ISBoxer need WoW to be in Windowed mode? Can I use Windowed (Fullscreen)?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:55 pm

Jafula wrote:Another question. Does ISBoxer need WoW to be in Windowed mode? Can I use Windowed (Fullscreen)?

Either display mode should yield the same results -- WoW isn't picky like other games tend to be.
<<

Skarling

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:10 pm

MiRai wrote:Either display mode should yield the same results

Well, 'cause it is essentially the same mode, lol. Windowed is windowed, even if it is full-screen-windowed. Full screen is something else. You'd normally lose 1/3 of your fps by running a DirectX game in any windowed mode, and for DX11 ones you also forego an ability to play in 3dvision (stereo-3d) mode on nVidia videocards (provided you have 120 HZ monitor and 3d kit). That is why I run my main on full-screen on main PC and windowed-full-screen slaves on secondary.
Last edited by Skarling on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:20 pm

Skarling wrote:
MiRai wrote:Either display mode should yield the same results

Well, 'cause it is essentially the same mode, lol. Windowed is windowed, even if it is full-screen-windowed. Full screen is something else.

I specifically mentioned it because it's definitely not the case across all the games that ISBoxer is compatible with.
<<

Skarling

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Jafula wrote:Another question. Does ISBoxer need WoW to be in Windowed mode?

That was the question. The answer is - ISBoxer can work either way, but if you run more than one instance on one PC, it is safer to force the game into a windowed mode. WoW works fine in either mode btw, even on one pc.

And give me one example where "windowed" is not = "windowed-full-screen" re ISboxer too.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:48 pm

Skarling wrote:
Jafula wrote:Another question. Does ISBoxer need WoW to be in Windowed mode?

That was the question. The answer is - ISBoxer can work either way, but if you run more than one instance on one PC, it is safer to force the game into a windowed mode. WoW works fine in either mode btw, even on one pc.

I don't know if you're trying to prove a point, but the answer I gave was from the standpoint of running multiple game clients since this is a multiboxing forum.

To further expand upon this, when multiboxing EVE Online with ISBoxer you should be using Fullscreen mode -- Not Windowed or Windowed (Fullscreen). Not only EVE, but Diablo III also has special instructions depending on the resolution you want to run the game at. Again, when multiboxing multiple clients on a single PC and using ISBoxer the display mode is game dependent and my answer to Jafula was based solely on World of Warcraft from a multi-client standpoint.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft