FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Wow install for Multiboxing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

62shane

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:26 pm

Wow install for Multiboxing

I have noticed post 6.0 patch that I may need to have 5 wow installs to box 5, correct me if I am wrong as due to the change to spell queuing and looting i am now constantly getting loot locked at mobs where all in group need an item.

I am just curious on other peoples exp on this in wow.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:53 pm

Re: Wow install for Multiboxing

62shane wrote:I have noticed post 6.0 patch that I may need to have 5 wow installs to box 5, correct me if I am wrong

No you absolutely do not need 5 wow installs. You still only need one wow install.

as due to the change to spell queuing and looting i am now constantly getting loot locked at mobs where all in group need an item.

I am just curious on other peoples exp on this in wow.

Loot locked as in "stuck looting a corpse" ?

Generally all you need to do is press Interact with Target once per toon. I have 5, so when I'm looting quest items where everyone can pick it up, I have to press IWT 5 times. This is because when you hit it one time, and everyone tries to loot at the same time, only one actually gets the loot and the others see "That object is busy". Press it again for everyone to try again so the next person can loot.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: Wow install for Multiboxing

Numerous people have been confirming the looting issue since 6.0.2. It could be a bug that could get fixed or it could be the fact that client-server communication is different now after the patch, but I can almost guarantee it isn't being caused by running all five clients from the same install folder.

Return to World of Warcraft