FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Windows layout not correct (innerspace patch)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

purezombie

Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:54 pm

Windows layout not correct (innerspace patch)

Hello.

After innerspace patch I can't get windows layout to work. I have 3 secondary wow screen that normally get filled out for whole screen.

Screen 1
- full screen (working)

Screen 2
- 3 secondary screens. Only 80% filled out. Normally it use all space on the screen.

It happened after latest innerspace patch, and even if I change layout it still fails to fill out screen.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: Windows layout not correct (innerspace patch)

Might help to see your configuration -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

A few questions:
1. What version of Windows are you using?
2. Is WoW using Direct3D 9 or Direct3D 11? -- you can find the answer in the in-game video settings on the Advanced page
3. Is WoW in Windowed, Windowed Fullscreen, or Fullscreen mode?

Things to try:
1. Change the windowed mode setting
2. Change the Direct3D mode setting
Note: After changing either of these you may need to re-launch the game for the change to fully apply.
<<

purezombie

Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:15 pm

lax wrote:Might help to see your configuration -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

A few questions:
2. Is WoW using Direct3D 9 or Direct3D 11? -- you can find the answer in the in-game video settings on the Advanced page

Things to try:
Note: After changing either of these you may need to re-launch the game for the change to fully apply.

I will try your suggestion thx.

But how do I poste the code as a reply?. Its too many characters to be posted?.
<<

purezombie

Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:17 pm

http://www.privatepaste.com/9197ddf728

My bad. Not thinking there ;). My settings.
<<

purezombie

Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:51 pm

lax wrote:Might help to see your configuration -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

A few questions:

Things to try:

windows
- windows 8

direct
- direct3d 11, but allso tried 9 with no luck

windows modes
- tried all 3 settings. windows mode, full screen windows, and full screen. Still same.

I allso tried reinstall innerspace but no luck. I'm just positive it's the patch that fucked it up for me, as it worked before I downloaded the new patch :/.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:20 pm

I'm just positive it's the patch that fucked it up for me, as it worked before I downloaded the new patch :/.

No worries, I read your first post.

When I look at your Window Layout it seems to be apparent why it doesn't use your full second screen. In the preview of your Window Layout, the screens are not even touching. I would guess that the layout on your actual monitors looks a lot like it does in your Window Layout. To see what I'm looking at, go into the top left pane under Window Layouts and select yours; then in the bottom left pane, click on "Regions". According to this, you have one 1920x1080 monitor, and one 1536x864 monitor. However, the second monitor is actually offset as though the monitor is really 1920x1080. So my guess is that it is using 1536x864 of your 1920x1080 monitor. And this isn't from the Inner Space patch, it's just applying your Window Layout...

So assuming your monitor is 1920x1080 and not 1536x864, and assuming that you're not manually editing it during the Window Layout Wizard to make it think it's 1536x864 ... you want to set the Windows 8 font scaling setting to 100%, it is apparently set at 125% (actually fairly common for high DPI displays) and for some reason this makes Windows report the monitor size incorrectly. After you set that, use ISBoxer's Window Layout Wizard to replace your current Window Layout. You can probably set it back to 125% after you Export to Inner Space. To find the font scaling setting, mouse to the upper right corner and click Search, then in the search box put in "dpi" and click the "Settings" category right under it. Click "Make text and other items larger or smaller", and set it to 100% there.

I'll see if I can find out how to get around this on my end...
<<

purezombie

Post Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:06 pm

Thanks for all your trouble lax.

Anyway I tried what you said. Change to 100% scale, and somehow it still give the 1536x864 for scaling. And I can see what you mean, that it seems to be 1920-1080 background.

I will see if I missed something but so far it seems that did not work to change scale to 100%.
<<

purezombie

Post Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:19 pm

Thx alot.

Somehow It was the 100% scale. I tried again export to innerspace and this time it worked :). So lovely.

Anyway another question.

I got fake cursor only in one of my windows, do you know why?.

Screen 1 + 2 + 3 = no fake cursor.

Screen 4 = fake cursor.

If I take screen 4 as master, then none have a fake cursor. So it's allways screen 4 that has it, and no one else.
<<

purezombie

Post Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:21 pm

Last problem is fixed.

Seems I can only see cursor in directx 9 with windows 8.1.

Anyway all is working so its great. Cheers.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:07 pm

The DPI issue is solved as of ISBoxer 41.7.0328.1. You can update to this build via Help->About ISBoxer.

The fake cursor not showing up is actually a multiple monitor issue. I will have to look into this one again

Return to World of Warcraft