FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiple Monitor & GPU Errors

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Xeliaa

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:48 am

Multiple Monitor & GPU Errors

Aloha,
im currently having an issue with my clients, i run a multiple monitor and gpu setup an hd 6950 an a onboard 4000pro, Both work just fine
playing World of Warcraft on each monitor and have worked ok in this setup before, But now im getting a GraphicsQualityLevels Error on one
of the client and the resolution is downgraded from my normal 1920x1080 as seen here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/39s5r6exexlhhtb/graphicqualitylevels-error.png

Previously this worked fine When i had a Single GPU and running the 2 monitors and then added in the second card and it worked fine still
using the same layout, But now i have reinstalled my entire system and dont have the same 'profile' setup for my isboxer and have to recreate
it and im now getting thrown the errors as seen above, the Character in Slot 1 is fine, But the character that sits in Slot 2 which sits
on the second monitor ( Yes i have instant switching so mousing over switches that window to main monitor ) becomes squashed out
and unable to Change the graphics options above.

any solution to this? if one needs more info i can provide.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:11 am

Re: Multiple Monitor & GPU Errors

This is a bug in WoW's multi-monitor Direct3D 11 support. You will see the same error in the game, when launching it without IS/ISBoxer.

To work around it until they fix the bug, switch the game to Direct3D 9 mode. If you are picking the Direct3D engine via Game Profile (e.g. "World of Warcraft Direct3D 11" game profile) then switch to the Direct3D 9 profile for each Character (select each Character in the top left pane under Characters, then adjust the Game Profile drop-down box in the bottom right). If you're using the WoW Default Profile, then you can just adjust the option in the in-game settings under the Advanced tab -- I believe the option is just called Graphics API

Return to World of Warcraft