FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Launch sequence for 32 bit WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Prepared

Post Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:25 pm

Launch sequence for 32 bit WoW

I run with many computers. As of the last patch of InnerSpace (or maybe the one just before it because I'd not launched WoW in about 3 days), I'm seeing game windows launched in the wrong order with some of them skipped. In other words, the login shows what should be in the first launch window as the second launch window and there is no first launch window present. I'm using tiled screen format and always have done it this way since I began multiboxing. So here's an example of what I'm seeing on the screen on one of my computers. The others are different on some of them:

2nd window here
1st window here 7th window here
3rd window here 9th window here

It should have been this way and this is the way ISBoxer has the game windows configured:

1st window here 4th window here 7th window here
2nd window here 5th window here 8th window here
3rd window here 6th window here 9th window here

Please let me know if there is something I need to do.

By the way, none of the WoW configuration has changed in over a month and I've logged in just about every day except for the last few days as I was checking out Elder Scrolls Online.

UPDATE: I unchecked the development download of InnerSpace, restarted redistributed ISBoxer config and now the windows launch all in the correct order and work as it used to. Going to stay this way for awhile.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:55 pm

Re: Launch sequence for 32 bit WoW

This issue was solved today and was related to WoW automatically re-launching WoW-64 instead of the 32-bit WoW.exe. (Even though you point at the 32-bit client, it re-launches as 64-bit if possible.)

Previously, that re-launch was blocked by Inner Space, but as of the new 64-bit support, it is no longer blocked.
<<

Prepared

Post Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:17 pm

Re: Launch sequence for 32 bit WoW

lax wrote:This issue was solved today and was related to WoW automatically re-launching WoW-64 instead of the 32-bit WoW.exe. (Even though you point at the 32-bit client, it re-launches as 64-bit if possible.)

Previously, that re-launch was blocked by Inner Space, but as of the new 64-bit support, it is no longer blocked.

Thanks Lax, confirmed issue is resolved with 32-bit clients. I switched to 64-bit clients now and all is good.

Return to World of Warcraft