FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Automating attack for multiboxing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

icharispally

Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:52 pm

Automating attack for multiboxing

I am running 2 hunters. I have the ` key set up as my Variable Keystrokes Assist FTL and Wow-Non-Combat Assist Me. In WoW-Combat, I have the following scripts for each number key

Do Follow Me in Wow-Non-combat Key Map -> self
` -> all
1 -> all other

This works that once i target a mob with my main toon and hit the ` key, my multibox second toon will also target that mob and assist in killing it, doing the same keybound actions as my main.

The problem is, i have to hit ` every time i change targets i have to press the ` key in order for my second toon to target the mob and begin to attack. This makes running dungeons very difficult as there is a lot of target switching.

Is there any way to have the second toon target and assist without having to make a key stroke each target switch?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:10 pm

Re: Automating attack for multiboxing

If you used the Wizard you wouldn't need to set up Variable Keystrokes for assisting, so it immediately sounds like you've got some custom profile suited for yourself. If you did let the Wizard set things up for you then it would have already set up 1 through = with an auto-assist. I think it'd be easier to see your profile before attempting to tell you how you need to set it up.
<<

icharispally

Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:13 pm

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:55 pm

Okay, everywhere you've told it to send ` as an assist is going to just act as if you're sending the key on your keyboard to the game client, and if that key isn't bound to anything in game, then it isn't going to do anything. The reason you have to press ` before being able to assist is because ` is actually bound to ISBoxer's assist macro.

So, you have two choices...

1) Clear out your WoW-Combat Key Map and redo everything with the Assist and Broadcast option through the Mapped Key Wizard. If you choose this route you're going to have to re-paste your Action for follow back into each and every Mapped Key you create (as well as the sync cursor stuff you have).

2) Manually remove and replace the ` Action with a Do Mapped Key Action for Assist Me in every single Mapped Key under WoW-Combat. This Action is the same thing as your current Follow Me Action, so you can literally copy it, paste it, and then change it to Assist Me instead. This Action will also need to sit in the same position that the ` Action currently is.

You can also delete all of the non-WoW Key Maps and you can remove the Standard Menu from your Character Set (because it's just doubling up on button presses).
<<

icharispally

Post Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:45 pm

Ok. i just restarted from the beginning. I cleared my current setup and went with the standard. Fixed it. Thank you. I will now try copying the Broadcast and Assist buttons to get Shift + [number key] set up as well.
Thx again
<<

icharispally

Post Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:35 pm

Ok, here is my failed attempt at adding shift key modifiers to the Assist and Broadcast menu. All my regular number keystrokes work, but not the shift ones.

http://www.privatepaste.com/db51d91df4
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:56 pm

Under the template itself you've still got it set to only 12 buttons, when it should be 24. I'm not a Menu Guru, but I'm pretty sure that if you don't tell the Menu that it should be more buttons, then those extra keys don't pass.

Return to World of Warcraft