FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Rogue issues..

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Explode

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:07 pm

Rogue issues..

I am fairly new to Isboxer. The issues I am having is I am boxing 3 rogues and my main rogues does a ton of damage but the other 2 rogues seems to fall way behind on damage( three seems to be lag from my main to my other 2 rogues). Is there a fix for this? My other question is I tried to do a dungeon with the 3 rogues and it is (for me) hard to keep them together on the same mob when the tank moves around, so my DPS drastically declines on the other 2 rogues and then I'm being yelled at. Is there a way to solve this? Is there a way to make all the rogues stick together on top of each other and move behind the target like my main does or do i just have to keep clocking /follow? Thank you veyr much for your help.

I think the bigger issue here after doing some reading is that there is lag between my three characters interacting with each other.. Char 3 does way less damage than char one. Character 2 does half as much damage as char 1 but does more damage than char 3. They all have the exact same gear,talents and glyphs. How can I solve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:21 pm

Re: Rogue issues..

Explode wrote:I am fairly new to Isboxer. The issues I am having is I am boxing 3 rogues and my main rogues does a ton of damage but the other 2 rogues seems to fall way behind on damage( three seems to be lag from my main to my other 2 rogues). Is there a fix for this? My other question is I tried to do a dungeon with the 3 rogues and it is (for me) hard to keep them together on the same mob when the tank moves around, so my DPS drastically declines on the other 2 rogues and then I'm being yelled at. Is there a way to solve this? Is there a way to make all the rogues stick together on top of each other and move behind the target like my main does or do i just have to keep clocking /follow? Thank you veyr much for your help.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Interact_with_Target

Explode wrote:I think the bigger issue here after doing some reading is that there is lag between my three characters interacting with each other.. Char 3 does way less damage than char one. Character 2 does half as much damage as char 1 but does more damage than char 3. They all have the exact same gear,talents and glyphs. How can I solve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

You're trying to box characters that are not only dependent on energy, but also combo points.

Example:

Character 1 crits the mob and gains two combo points
Character 2 hits the mob for normal damage and gains one combo point
Character 3 misses the mob and gains no combo points
--------
Character 1 crits again and has four total combo points
Character 2 hits for normal damage again and has two total combo points
Character 3 misses again and still has no combo points

How are you handling the above situation when your characters all have a different amount of energy and combo points built up on the mob? Do you wait for the third character to finally start building up combo points or do you attempt to do a 'finisher' on your main at this point? Both choices are a loss in DPS no matter how you look at it.

The more resource-dependent a class is the more difficult it becomes to multibox efficiently, especially when you're trying to 'box multiple of the same class like you are. In my opinion, Rogues are more of a "fun" class when you start stacking them because it's fun to surprise an enemy with an instant Shadowstep > Backstab or it's fun to just walk around in stealth wherever you go throwing people off guard when they find you, but that's about it. Don't get me wrong, you should multibox what you want to multibox, but you don't normally see people stack Rogues and doing well because of the level of micromanagement they require for optimal DPS output.
<<

Explode

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:59 pm

MiRai ,

Thank you very much for responding to me. I also appreciate your honesty about stacking rogues. The only other char that I like to play is my hunter. Do you thnik I could get away with 1 rogue and then a hunter? Would that throw things off to much? I would play the rogue as my main and my hunters as my secondary? Again thank you very much for your response.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:27 am

I stacked Feral Druids at one point, and really liked the team.
Similar to rogues, in that they're melee characters who stealth.
But they had a few advantages, such as flight form, healing and battle-rez capabilities.
Still, should play fairly similar.

They too have/had a mechanic, where on a critical they got two combo points but only one on a non-critical.
I opted to approximate this, rather than track it entirely.
You could set up video feeds (full screen, stacked window layout) and visually see where each druid/rogue is on combo points.
I decided on four generating moves, followed by a combo point/finisher move.

In my case it was:
/castsequence reset=target Mangle(Cat Form), Rake(Cat Form), Mangle(Cat Form), Mangle(Cat Form), Rip(Cat Form)

You might do something similar.

You're going to need to alternate frequently between, Interact With Target... and /Follow.
I used: http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3414 ... post312469
With follow broken in battlegrounds, you're basically limited to world pvp or PvE type play.
There are some 'fixes' for battlegrounds (like IWT to a multi-person mount), but you're screwed for a lot of stuff while actually in combat, in particular recovering from a fear-bomb.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:30 pm

Explode wrote:MiRai ,

Thank you very much for responding to me. I also appreciate your honesty about stacking rogues. The only other char that I like to play is my hunter. Do you thnik I could get away with 1 rogue and then a hunter? Would that throw things off to much? I would play the rogue as my main and my hunters as my secondary? Again thank you very much for your response.

I'm sure it's able to be done with relative ease, but you need to find a DPS rotation that works well for the Hunter. I've never played either class at level 90, so I can't be of much help beyond that.

Return to World of Warcraft