FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

same character-name-follow-problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Gunny

Post Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:55 am

same character-name-follow-problem

Hi !

I have a little prob with my new builded dk-team. The problem is that one of the DKs is from another Server and has exactly the SAME NAME as another. Im not able to get these two guys follow each other. Ive tried around now for a few ours with all the "name-server"-things in ISBoxer and Jamba. Maybe its not possible to configure this.

If i would create a normal round-robin with my normal follow-key(wich is F1) then my leading char would try to follow the other same-name-guy every time i press it.

BUT what i can do is as follows: If a SPECIFIC Char(the one char with same name) is in the main window and presses a specific button(the follow-button) i want a SPECIFIC char(and ONLY him,the other char with THAT name) to press a specific button( its a makro with "/follow name-server" wich works). So a normal round-robin does not work here because if the OTHER char is in the main window, the OTHER(and ONLY him) has to press that button.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:20 am

Re: same character-name-follow-problem

Ummm.. Round-robin? You wouldn't want to use round-robin for follow. What round-robin does is send a key to multiple windows, but only one window at a time. This is usually used to split things like Stun, so you dont use a Stun ability with all of your guys at once (Wasting most of them), since you only need one Stun at a time...

If you really must use the same name for your guys, then you indeed probably need a different follow system than ISBoxer provides for WoW by default... You CAN set it up during the Quick Setup Wizard. You just have to have a) a follow target key binding in the game, and b) an assist target key binding in the game, and set up the Targeting Table (F1, F2, F3 etc) on the Game Key Bindings tab, on the last page of the wizard.

Note "Assist + Broadcast" keys are not likely to work with this scenario because the assist/follow are going to use 2 steps instead of 1. You will need to manually assist if you go this route.

Return to World of Warcraft