FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Battle.net Error #114 Cannot Login to Characters

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Giffen

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:35 pm

Battle.net Error #114 Cannot Login to Characters

So I just downloaded ISBoxer and am trying to get it working with two accounts for WoW. I ran the WoW setup wizard and launch my character set via Innerspace. The two WoW instances of the client launch to the login screen. I then disable hotkeys and type in my password for one of the accounts. Each account is a different Bnet account (one is my girlfriends account and one is mine). After entering the password immediately the Error #114 pops up, which after reading Battle.net's page seems to indicate that the WoW authenticator login/prompt is not launching. I've tried the 5 steps from Bnet (delete cache, check Hosts file, etc.) nothing worked.

I've tried disabling as many processes as I could of third party programs...the only thing left seems to be Norton 360. However, I've also turned off the firewall and virus scan and even made sure that both Innerspace and WoW have full access via the firewall settings.

Anyway, it seems to be that the authenticator popup that comes up in WoW is being blocked somehow, and this happens on both accounts. However, launching the accounts not through Innerspace, they work fine.
<<

Giffen

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:25 am

Re: Battle.net Error #114 Cannot Login to Characters

I figured it out...it was Speedbit was DEEPLY integrated into my system somehow. I had to delete it and the sbslp.dll in safe mode which then screwed up the internet connectivity (even though windows showed internet access). Finally had to rebuild the winsock catalog, and I can now log in using innerspace.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:05 am

This is actually really good that you found out how to fix this (short of a reinstall of the OS) since there have been a few users who were affected by this (or something similar).

Perhaps more detailed instructions on what you did exactly would help others in the future.
<<

Giffen

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:40 pm

Ok, what I did to uninstall Speedbit is:

1) Search files and folders for Speedbit...delete any files and folders found...you will probably not be able to delete one folder because that is the one with SBSLP.DLL and another speedbit system file that are currently in use by other programs (in my case it said in use by Norton 360).

2) Reboot into Safemode (hit F8 during windows boot)

3) Delete the files that you couldn't delete before

4) Reboot

5) Your internet connection may not work now, due to Speedbit integrating itself somehow into the winsock network files (or something like that)

6) Got to Run and type CMD to get a command prompt window

7) Enter into the command prompt the following: netsh winsock show catalog

8) You should see some reference to the speedbit SBSLP.DLL

9) Now type into the command prompt: netsh winsock reset catalog

10) Reboot

11) Internet should now work fine...check that SBSLP.DLL is no longer integrated into the network by typing netsh winsock show catalog again into the command prompt...no reference to it or speedbit should be found.

12) For completeness just do another windows search of your drives for any reference to speedbit...none should be found.

After I did this the internet connectivity through Innerspace worked and I could login to WoW fine.

Return to World of Warcraft