FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to toggle character/window specific repeater

Moderator: MiRai

<<

FALLEN11ANGEL

Post Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:34 am

How to toggle character/window specific repeater

I am trying to find a way how to toggle the key repeater for a specific character. I tried making an ATG and setting the repeater toggler to only those characters, which makes the repeater icon only light up on the desired windows however the window that has the icon displaying as OFF still repeats all the keypresses and continues to follow me. I want a button to toggle one of my characters to stop taking orders from the master.
<<

FALLEN11ANGEL

Post Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:50 am

Re: How to toggle character/window specific repeater

After some digging I have came across this video by a fellow ISBoxer,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7JB9Wj4ySY

This Has explained exactly how to setup the repeater, However it was the maps that I was after, my mistake. How would I get the maps toggle to target only my desired group? I have tried changing the targets to my desired ATG but I am making mistakes as they still send to all windows instead of just the ATG
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:10 am

FALLEN11ANGEL wrote:After some digging I have came across this video by a fellow ISBoxer,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7JB9Wj4ySY

This Has explained exactly how to setup the repeater, However it was the maps that I was after, my mistake. How would I get the maps toggle to target only my desired group? I have tried changing the targets to my desired ATG but I am making mistakes as they still send to all windows instead of just the ATG

I would really need to see your configuration to see what you did wrong/how to fix it (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing); you're on the right track with pointing your Mapped Keys at your ATG.

Edit: fixed typo'd link
<<

FALLEN11ANGEL

Post Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:19 am

That link you sent leads to a blank wiki page >.<.
<<

FALLEN11ANGEL

Post Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:21 am

http://www.privatepaste.com/3d13265e37

I found a manual on previous forum. <3
<<

FALLEN11ANGEL

Post Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:45 pm

After a long chat convo about this the final result was my brain oozing out my ear all over the floor. If someone could make me a step by step video/picture guide that's COMPLETELY RETARD PROOF I would be willing to PayPal them a donation <3 xoxo
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:38 am

Huh. I thought we had a talk about this in the chat room but I don't recognize the pasted configuration at all. Maybe I was talking to you about someone else's config.

For starters, your "Not Healer Maps" toggle is going to toggle whether your ISBoxer Hotkeys work, from every window except your Healer (the members of the "Not Healer" ATG). That is FROM, not TO; all of your mapped keys that target all windows (nearly everything in your Combat Key Map) are still going to send to the healer (because the healer is still one of "all" of your windows).

I don't think this Key Maps toggle is what you want.

Instead you need an "Action Target Group Toggler", to drop the healer out of an ATG. Each of the Mapped Keys in the "Combat" Key Map that you want to not go to the healer, need to go to this ATG instead of to all.

So for example, if you made a "Combat" ATG and put all of your characters in it, and you set each of the Mapped Keys in the "Combat" Key Map to go to the "Combat" ATG instead of to all, then all you would need to do is pop your healer (or any other character) out of the Combat ATG to stop these keys from going to him. Dropping from the ATG is easily done with an "Action Target Group Toggler" Mapped Key from the wizard.

All of this looks like things you have experience with in ISBoxer already, and it's your configuration so if this solution melts your brain I don't know what else to tell you
<<

FALLEN11ANGEL

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:16 am

Maybe we did talk about someone else's config LOL! that would explain alot of the Oo!!!!!!!!@&^#^#^@(!@*%#@*!!!!
Alright Now I'm on the same page as yourself. it's 2 am my time so I'll let this wait till the morning. I'll do what you said and I'll let you know how I went(which should be no problem as I know exactly what you're telling me to do) I think we just had a miss-communication last night. Thank you again! Once I have it all working I'll then make an instructional vid to share for anyone else whom may be a noob.

<3
<<

FALLEN11ANGEL

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:47 pm

Well player sir, just finished doing the set-up as per your instruction works like a dream! Video will be made as soon as my new microphone arrives, using the headset mic for making vids isn't very good. Thank you again!

Return to World of Warcraft