FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to setup leader follow

Moderator: MiRai

<<

FALLEN11ANGEL

Post Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:29 am

How to setup leader follow

My slaves follow command set by ISboxer wizard works as intended. What I want to do is set a new button so perform the exact same action, but leave one of my characters out(my tank). I play a full mele group of monks, which means even my healer is mele but on dragon bosses for example i want the tank to stand put(she has her own movement keys anyways if i want to reposition her from master window) while I want all the remaining slaves to folow my current main(which normally will be the healer but I want this to work like the master follow command that follows the "current" master).

What would be the best way to set this in isboxer?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:45 am

Re: How to setup leader follow

There's a couple different ways of going about this.

One is to make a copy of the "Follow Me" mapping, and on the copy, change its Target (to include everyone but the healer) and its Hotkey. To do this, you might also want an Action Target Group (ATG) that includes everyone but the healer. So first make the ATG, then in the top left pane under Key Maps select Non-combat, and in the bottom left pane right click "Follow Me" and select "Make Copy"; then left click (select) the "Copy of Follow Me" and change the Hotkey in the bottom right. Then expand it so you see Steps, with 1 under it, and click the 1 under Steps. There's only one Action in the Step so it should already be selected, just change the "Target" box to "Group (others in): whatever your ATG is"

Another is to make use of the "Follower" Action Target Group which all of your guys should already be in from using the Quick Setup Wizard; for example you would usually have your healer in this group, but then when you want the healer to stop following, temporarily remove it from the "Follower" group. If you set "Follow Me" to go to the others in the "Follower" group, then it won't have the healer follow at the time. This has 80% of the same instructions from the other method (just modify the original instead of a copy), and then you just need an "Action Target Group Toggler" configurable through the Mapped Key Wizard (Wizards menu) to pop your healer out and back in.
<<

FALLEN11ANGEL

Post Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:14 am

Thank you very much, This new knowledge of ATG is exactly what I was looking for, This has answered dozens of question about streamlining my set-up. Thank you again!

PS: that wiki page link to ATG might need updating, The steps described in it are not applicable to the current version of ISBoxer.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:29 am

PS: that wiki page link to ATG might need updating, The steps described in it are not applicable to the current version of ISBoxer.

Oh? Which part was inaccurate?

The only thing that is different now is that there's an additional way to add Characters to ATGs (if you select your Character in the top left pane, then select "Action Target Groups" in the bottom left pane, you can highlight ATGs), but as far as I see the entire page applies to the current version. Whatever you want to explain about what confused you would be helpful ;)
<<

FALLEN11ANGEL

Post Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:22 am

It was the highlight option you just described. I tried to follow the steps described and those options didn't exist. I had to try and do it by looking through the menus and exploring ALL the options I could click on LOL. Then eventually figured out that the best steps for me were: Go to action groups, Create new Group, Rename, [X] go to characters, Select character, go to character specific action groups, Highlight the desired groups, Repeat for each character from [X].

Edit, I just read the entire ATG article again, and the confusing part was the Dragging of characters, My ISBoxer doesn't allow me to drag.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:49 am

Edit, I just read the entire ATG article again, and the confusing part was the Dragging of characters, My ISBoxer doesn't allow me to drag.

I guarantee it allows you to drag Characters from the top left pane into the bottom left pane. You're dragging wrong. ;)

1. Select the ATG in the top left pane
2. Expand Characters in the top left pane
3. Drag any Character -- don't select it first or you're going to start editing the Character instead of dragging it to your ATG -- from the top left pane, into the bottom left pane
<<

FALLEN11ANGEL

Post Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:22 pm

I have just spent a solid half hour trying every single drag combination within any ISBoxer menus, there is not any menu within the program that allows for any type of dragging to be executed. this is after trying every single submenu and drop down branch for all sections, even ones not relates to this article. I haven't got anything else to add on this topic, It's possible it's just my system, All I tried to do was report an issue.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:03 pm

<<

FALLEN11ANGEL

Post Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:24 am

I once again tried the "dragging" just like you did in the video, Doesn't work. Only the new method works.

Not sure if you made the video to be helpful or just to be a dick. So depending on your intentions Thank You/ Fuck you.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:35 am

I'm pretty sure he was just demonstrating that it does work as outlined on the wiki page. I don't know why it wouldn't work exactly as demonstrated/described for you

Return to World of Warcraft