FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

follow and assist help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

pipehitter361

Post Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:45 am

follow and assist help

hello everyone i am having problems with the follow and assisst with isboxer i followed the tutorials 4 times and i still cant get my shift+F (follow) and shift+a(assist) to work on my druids idk what i am doing wrong. what i am trying to do is get my 2 druids to attack the same mob and have shift+F set the slave screen to go on follow
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:10 am

Re: follow and assist help

The defaults are actually Alt+F and Alt+A. It's okay if you changed it though..

I assume you've gone through the WoW Quicker Start Guide, but if not, the start of the solution to your problem is here:
WoW Quicker Start Guide, Part 3: Make sure the ISBoxer Addon is not disabled -- start at this part and go through to the end of the guide. The first part that doesn't work, stop and explain. (Note that this guide really tries to drive this home: Make sure the ISBoxer Addon is not disabled)

I also assume you're on the retail WoW server and not a "private server". If you ARE playing on a private server, you'll need to tell us that because that would be why it's not working. FAQ: Will this work on a private server?

Beyond that, in order to help you with this it might help to see your ISBoxer configuration. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
<<

pipehitter361

Post Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:18 am

i double checked and isboxer is on both toons and im not on a private server idk whats is going on ill check and see if alt f and alt a works and it says my config is too long for theforums how do i transfer it to u guys
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:27 am

pipehitter361 wrote:i double checked and isboxer is on both toons and im not on a private server idk whats is going on ill check and see if alt f and alt a works and it says my config is too long for theforums how do i transfer it to u guys

As the link I gave explains..
To properly, and safely, share your ISBoxer configuration, use "Copy ISBoxer Toolkit Profile to Clipboard" from the File menu. This will pop up a privacy box that can hide your Account and Character names for you in case they are present in your configuration. Account names are censored by default, but Character names are not. Once you click OK, your ISBoxer Toolkit Profile will be stored in the Windows clipboard in XML format.

Next you will need to paste this XML. We recommend pasting at privatepaste.com, and then sharing the link; privatepaste.com provides control over when your paste will be destroyed, and does not provide a public index of pasted data.

http://privatepaste.com
<<

pipehitter361

Post Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:35 am

Paste ID 0ddf4582d8
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:03 pm

Okay. I'm not entirely sure why you chose to have the Quick Setup Wizard use the targeting table instead of the default Assist/Follow mechanism that is built in for WoW. Here's what I would do.

First, go to the File Menu in ISBoxer, and select Clear. Let it clear everything out.

Then use the Quick Setup Wizard again. This time, on the last page of the wizard, on the Game Key Bindings tab, leave "Follow Target" and "Assist Target" alone, and leave "Use per-Character Targeting Macros instead" selected, and leave "Simplified" checked. For retail WoW the only things you should touch on the Game Key Bindings tab are "Interact with Target" (set a Key Binding in WoW and fill it in here), and "Focus Target" if you use that in the game. The Hotkeys tab is entirely up to you, you can use Shift+A and Shift+F, but definitely do less on the Game Key Bindings tab.

Return to World of Warcraft