FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Character not found error

Moderator: MiRai

<<

emily314

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:03 am

Character not found error

I am on a trial account atm.

I have everything set up and running smoothly for 2 days.

Today after I restart my pc I encounter errors whenever I am logging in through Inner Space.

I got to loading screens on my two accounts and after an extended period of loading I am directed back to character selection screen with error messages saying "character not found".

This does not happen when I login through the launcher.

Anyone has any idea what the issue might be?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:37 am

Re: Character not found error

This might just be a temporary issue with your WoW account and may resolve itself. I'm not aware of a reason why Inner Space or ISBoxer would cause this to happen.

You can try pointing Inner Space at the WoW launcher though instead of directly at wow.exe. You can use Add Game from the Inner Space menu to accomplish this. After doing so, you will need to update your Characters in ISBoxer to use the new Game and Game Profile you added; select each Character in the top left pane in ISBoxer (under Characters) and then in the bottom right pane there is "Game" and "Game Profile" drop-down boxes.

If you do this, you may need to change the setting in the launcher to launch 32-bit WoW instead of 64-bit; there is a check box for it in the launcher settings. You may also have to close the launcher after launching the game, as ISBoxer will need to continue launching new instances of the launcher.

UPDATE: 64-bit client support is now available: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5450
<<

rfarris

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:03 pm

This is probably completely unrelated, but earlier this week Blizzard merged my realm with another and the next time I logged on I had all sorts of weird login issues. Once I got the entire team logged in correctly all of the issues went away and haven't returned.
<<

emily314

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:24 pm

lax wrote:This might just be a temporary issue with your WoW account and may resolve itself. I'm not aware of a reason why Inner Space or ISBoxer would cause this to happen.

As I mentioned in the post, I can login fine directly through WoW launcher but not through Inner Space.

Anyways, I think some variables might have been corrupted during the restart process (I suspect the system forced shutdown on Inner Space/ISBoxer) and I might have export the corrupted data to Inner Space or something along those line.

It is working fine now after a complete uninstall and reinstall.

Return to World of Warcraft