FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW login error 104 when using ISBoxer; no error without

Moderator: MiRai

<<

oktab

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Re: WoW login error 104 when using ISBoxer; no error without

Alright, so I tried disabling those processes; windows did a random memory dump and restarted 2 or 3 times while I was trying to do this.

I ended up uninstalling bitdefender again so that I could stop the bdappassmgr process - still getting error 104.

I do not currently have any other PCs to test this with, and I'm not really sure where to go from here, other than perhaps reformatting the hard drive and only installing WoW and ISBoxer/InnerSpace, which may be a bit extreme at the moment.

I suppose I'll have to accept defeat for the time being - and get back to debugging and hopefully finally testing/using ISBoxer at some point in the future.

At any rate, thanks for your time lax & mirai :D

Much appreciated!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:21 pm

oktab wrote:Hey mirai; yes, I am using the dev version. I also just tried uninstalling bitdefender and restarting - still getting the same error.

Totally missed that in your initial post.

oktab wrote:I suppose I'll have to accept defeat for the time being - and get back to debugging and hopefully finally testing/using ISBoxer at some point in the future.

At any rate, thanks for your time lax & mirai :D

Much appreciated!

I guess the question now is...

Why not just launch your Characters using the WoW.exe file rather than the launcher? It's the way everyone's been doing it for almost a decade now. Alter your Game Profile and point it to WoW.exe and you're done.
<<

oktab

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:30 pm

MiRai wrote:Why not just launch your Characters using the WoW.exe file rather than the launcher? It's the way everyone's been doing it for almost a decade now. Alter your Game Profile and point it to WoW.exe and you're done.

Hey mirai, I was actually just going to ask about this - it looks like InnerSpace is already set to WoW.exe as the main executable filename; I have no problems launching the entire team from ISBoxer; no problems with the game opening 5 windows and getting to the login screen; I haven't seen any launchers come up when running the game through ISBoxer - I just keep getting error 104 when trying to log in.

EDIT: I just spent some time poking around again with disabling firewalls and opening ports - still getting the same error 104. Zero problems logging in either from the bnet launcher or running the WoW exe - something must be interfering with ISBoxer in a way that just keeps kicking back this error 104...
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:32 pm

Every Google search shows that people are either re-syncing their mobile authenticator or changing their password in order to fix the problem, but other than that, I'm out of ideas.
<<

oktab

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:04 pm

MiRai wrote:Every Google search shows that people are either re-syncing their mobile authenticator or changing their password in order to fix the problem, but other than that, I'm out of ideas.

I'd come across those instances as well - it's just weird that I still have no issues logging in normally; I tried re-syncing the authenticator on several occasions, but I haven't tried resetting my password yet, since I have no problems using it to login to the game normally.

Anyway, thanks again for looking into the issue mirai, and thanks for your time :D

EDIT: just tried resetting the password and syncing the authenticator - still got the error. You win this time, 104. *shakes fist*
<<

Rekrsiv

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:38 am

I had this same error for the past few days. At first I would do it the usual way, with keymaps off/broadcasting on, and after a few failed attempts I would try without broadcasting, fail a few more times and it would eventually work. I figured it was an error with the battle.net servers or something.

That wasn't it at all. What do most people do when their passwords stop working? That's right. Type each key in slow motion.

Once logged in, I noticed that if I type in some keys really quickly, some keys don't always reach the game client in the right order. Turns out the numpad 1, 2 and 3 keys get activated on KeyUp whereas all the other keys on the numpad and the rest of the keyboard get activated on KeyDown. This doesn't happen when WoW is loaded without ISBoxer running.

Any clue what might be causing it?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:46 am

Rekrsiv wrote:I had this same error for the past few days. At first I would do it the usual way, with keymaps off/broadcasting on, and after a few failed attempts I would try without broadcasting, fail a few more times and it would eventually work. I figured it was an error with the battle.net servers or something.

That wasn't it at all. What do most people do when their passwords stop working? That's right. Type each key in slow motion.

Once logged in, I noticed that if I type in some keys really quickly, some keys don't always reach the game client in the right order. Turns out the numpad 1, 2 and 3 keys get activated on KeyUp whereas all the other keys on the numpad and the rest of the keyboard get activated on KeyDown. This doesn't happen when WoW is loaded without ISBoxer running.

See WoW Quicker Start Guide, Part 2: Log in, if it's too long then pay special attention to the bolded parts.
<<

Rekrsiv

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:29 am

As I said, this error happens with keymaps disabled.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:32 am

Rekrsiv wrote:Once logged in, I noticed that if I type in some keys really quickly, some keys don't always reach the game client in the right order. Turns out the numpad 1, 2 and 3 keys get activated on KeyUp whereas all the other keys on the numpad and the rest of the keyboard get activated on KeyDown. This doesn't happen when WoW is loaded without ISBoxer running.

By default, ISBoxer is set to send keys when you release them. You can change this behavior by going into that particular Key Map and altering the behavior in the lower right (Execute a Step when the Hotkey is...). However, NumPad 1, 2, 3, etc aren't even set up by default, so if you added them as part of your setup in a new Key Map, then you will need to include that Key Map into the on/off toggle.
<<

Rekrsiv

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:41 am

Ah.

Ok that was my fault; I didn't register the fact that Shift-Alt-M only disabled Combat and Non-combat key maps - I setup num 1 -3 in always on...

Thanks for the clarification!
Previous

Return to World of Warcraft